From the 1981 Landmarks Commission/Department of City Development report…
Holy Trinity Church (Holy Trinity – Our Lady of Guadalupe Roman Catholic Church) is the third oldest Roman Catholic Church in Milwaukee. It was created to serve German-speaking immigrants from southern Germany and Austria who had settled at Walker’s Point. It is one of the community’s three remaining examples of Zopfstil architecture, the Germany counterpart of American Federal style, and was designed by Victor Schulte, the German-born Milwaukee carpenter-architect who also drew the plans for the other two remaining Zopfstil churches, Old St. Mary’s and St. John Cathedral. The cornerstone was laid July 8, 1849. and the building was dedicated by Bishop Henni, Milwaukee’s first bishop, On September 22, 1850.
The structure is a modest rectangular building of cream city brick with three front portals. The octationgal steeple was designed by Leonard Schmidtner and added in 1869 and three bells were in 1871. The present interior design dates from a refurbishing in the 1870s, when the gallery was enlarged, a pipe organ added, and stained glass installed. The carved wooden alterpieces were created in 1890.
In 1966 Holy Trinity parish merged with Our Lady of Guadalupe, Milwaukee’s first Spanish-speaking parish.
Building Plumbing Permit
Noise Variance Permit.
ROW Excavation City Contract.
Boiler New Permit.
Building data on this page, including assessment information, was last updated on April 28, 2019
See somthing wrong? Want to report an issue? Contact us.