Join Urban Milwaukee To Celebrate Milwaukee’s Birthday
Become a member today as we mark 177 years of the Cream City.
On Tuesday, Jan. 31, the City of Milwaukee celebrates its 177th birthday.
In 1846, the towns of Juneautown, Kilbourntown and Walker’s Point merged into one entity: Milwaukee. The city’s first mayor, Solomon Juneau, was elected and the City of Milwaukee was born.
If there’s one thing you should know about our publication, it’s that we really care about Milwaukee.
To celebrate, we’re having a flash deal. Today through Tuesday annual memberships are discounted by $25 — so you pay just $74 for the first year. It’s our way of celebrating a great city’s 177th birthday and ensuring we’re here to tell its story for the years to come. Happy birthday, Milwaukee!
Urban Milwaukee is home to the city’s first news-site membership program. Being a member is like being a Milwaukee insider. And through Tuesday, our annual membership is $25 off for the first year.
What will you get by becoming a member? Quite a lot, actually:
- Completely ad-free content on our website and daily newsletter
- Invitations to member-only events
- Free tickets to concerts and other great events as they become available through our partners (while supplies last)
- The ability to comment on articles, search the site and use a faster photo browser
- A 10% discount on all merchandise at Urban Milwaukee: The Store
- A chance to provide the support that assures Urban Milwaukee can continue focusing on smart, substantive news coverage rather than clickbait
The price of all that is just $9/month or $99/year, but through Tuesday, you can claim our Milwaukee Founding special and pay just $74 for the first year. Signing up is easy, and you are welcome to cancel at any time. Use the special code MKEFOUNDING2023 to get your discounted membership.
Becoming a member is your chance to help Urban Milwaukee continue to grow and thrive.
We are committed to building a fiercely independent publication that champions Milwaukee and smart urban solutions for this city, as well as highlighting the best food and entertainment our area has to offer.