New COVID-19 Mass Testing Site Opens in Menomonee Valley
New site at a former WisDOT emissions testing site. It replaces American Family Field testing site.
After a two-week absence, the Milwaukee Health Department opened a new COVID-19 mass testing site Monday.
The new site will be open Monday through Friday. It is open Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. and Tuesday and Thursday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
“We are appreciative of the Wisconsin Department of Transportation for contributing this centrally-located building for drive-through testing,” said Health Commissioner Kirsten Johnson. “Navigating the COVID-19 pandemic and keeping Milwaukee residents safe is an all-hands-on-deck effort, and we’re incredibly grateful for all our community partners, such as the DOT and the Milwaukee Brewers, for stepping up and helping us fight this virus.”
The new site is located directly adjacent to the 25th Street off-ramp on Interstate 94, approximately 1.5-miles east of the former site.
Vaccine doses are not available at the new site, but MHD said they plan to in the future. The test administered at the site is a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test.
The emissions facility was shuttered in 2012, but WisDOT has maintained ownership of the property. The building has five drive-through bays.
Both are open Monday and Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Tuesday and Thursday from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Visitors can save time by pre-registering to get tested.
All public COVID-19 testing is free. A number of private health care providers, including Walgreens, also offer testing. More information on COVID-19 testing sites is available on the Wisconsin Department of Health Services website.
- Nursing Home COVID-19 Cases, Deaths Increasing - Erik Gunn - Oct 19th, 2021
- City of Milwaukee Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Oct 15th, 2021
- MATC to Host Public COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic at the Downtown Milwaukee Campus Oct. 18 - Milwaukee Area Technical College - Oct 15th, 2021
- City Hall: MPD Supervisors Face Vaccine-or-Mask Requirement - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 14th, 2021
- Hospitals Expect to Lose Staff Over Vaccine Mandates - Shamane Mills - Oct 14th, 2021
- Rural Areas Have Highest COVID-19 Death Rates - Shamane Mills - Oct 13th, 2021
- DHS Announces Multiple Funding Opportunities to Address COVID-19 Health Disparities - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Oct 13th, 2021
- City and Police Supervisors Reach Agreement on COVID Vaccinations - City of Milwaukee - Oct 13th, 2021
- MKE County: COVID-19 Disease Remains At High Level - Graham Kilmer - Oct 12th, 2021
- New COVID-19 Mass Testing Site Opens in Menomonee Valley - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 11th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here