New COVID-19 Mass Testing Site Opens in Menomonee Valley
New site at a former WisDOT emissions testing site. It replaces American Family Field testing site.
After a two-week absence, the Milwaukee Health Department opened a new COVID-19 mass testing site Monday.
The new site will be open Monday through Friday. It is open Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. and Tuesday and Thursday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
“We are appreciative of the Wisconsin Department of Transportation for contributing this centrally-located building for drive-through testing,” said Health Commissioner Kirsten Johnson. “Navigating the COVID-19 pandemic and keeping Milwaukee residents safe is an all-hands-on-deck effort, and we’re incredibly grateful for all our community partners, such as the DOT and the Milwaukee Brewers, for stepping up and helping us fight this virus.”
The new site is located directly adjacent to the 25th Street off-ramp on Interstate 94, approximately 1.5-miles east of the former site.
Vaccine doses are not available at the new site, but MHD said they plan to in the future. The test administered at the site is a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test.
The emissions facility was shuttered in 2012, but WisDOT has maintained ownership of the property. The building has five drive-through bays.
Both are open Monday and Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Tuesday and Thursday from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Visitors can save time by pre-registering to get tested.
All public COVID-19 testing is free. A number of private health care providers, including Walgreens, also offer testing. More information on COVID-19 testing sites is available on the Wisconsin Department of Health Services website.
- MKE County: COVID-19 Disease Burden Remains Stable - Graham Kilmer - Nov 25th, 2022
- MKE County: Wastewater Data Shows COVID-19 Uptick - Graham Kilmer - Nov 18th, 2022
- City of Milwaukee Bi-Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Nov 11th, 2022
- DHS Launches Free Telehealth Service for COVID-19 Treatment - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Nov 2nd, 2022
- City of Milwaukee Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Oct 28th, 2022
- New COVID-19 Boosters Available for Children - Graham Kilmer - Oct 25th, 2022
- MKE County: Rising New COVID-19 Variants A Concern - Graham Kilmer - Oct 22nd, 2022
- MKE County: COVID-19 Increasing In Milwaukee - Graham Kilmer - Oct 14th, 2022
- City of Milwaukee Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Oct 14th, 2022
- Widespread Immunity Key To Fighting Next COVID-19 Variant - Graham Kilmer - Oct 13th, 2022
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here