UW System Vaccination Rates Vary Widely
91% of UW-Madison students vaccinated, versus just 38% at UW-Parkside.
New student COVID-19 vaccination rates have been published by the University of Wisconsin System.
The rates vary widely from the highest, where 91 percent of students are fully vaccinated against the virus at UW-Madison, to the lowest, where 38 percent of students are fully vaccinated against it at UW-Parkside.
The new data published Friday by the system and data from UW-Eau Claire show three out of 12 comprehensive universities have hit the 70 percent vaccination rate, those are UW-Milwaukee, UW-La Crosse and UW-Madison.
Here’s where UW System vaccination rates stand by campus as of Wednesday:
- UW-Madison, 91 percent
- UW-La Crosse, 75 percent
- UW-Milwaukee, 74 percent
- UW-Eau Claire, 69 percent
- UW-Whitewater, 64 percent
- UW-Oshkosh, 61 percent
- UW-Stout, 58 percent
- UW-River Falls, 55 percent
- UW-Green Bay, 55 percent
- UW-Superior, 50 percent
- UW-Platteville, 47 percent
- UW-Stevens Point, 46 percent
- UW-Parkside, 38 percent
While major universities in Minnesota, Michigan and Illinois have required vaccinations for students and employees, Thompson has pushed voluntary vaccinations and has recently enlisted the help of Wisconsin comedian Charlie Berens in social media posts touting the “70 for 70” and “Vax Up!” campaigns.
Now, @CharlieBerens wants to get in on the action!
Don’t miss the post-credits!
Like for Team Tommy
Comment for Team Charlie pic.twitter.com/4P4LJVmsNW
— UW System (@UWSystem) September 16, 2021
As of Friday, 52.8 percent of the state’s population that is eligible to be vaccinated is fully vaccinated, or 3,071,904 people who are 12 years old and up, according to the state Department of Health Services.
UW System Student Vaccinati
on Rates Vary Significantly By Campus was originally published by Wisconsin Public Radio.
If you think stories like this are important, become a member of Urban Milwaukee and help support real, independent journalism. Plus you get some cool added benefits, all detailed here.
- City of Milwaukee Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Oct 15th, 2021
- MATC to Host Public COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic at the Downtown Milwaukee Campus Oct. 18 - Milwaukee Area Technical College - Oct 15th, 2021
- City Hall: MPD Supervisors Face Vaccine-or-Mask Requirement - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 14th, 2021
- Hospitals Expect to Lose Staff Over Vaccine Mandates - Shamane Mills - Oct 14th, 2021
- Rural Areas Have Highest COVID-19 Death Rates - Shamane Mills - Oct 13th, 2021
- DHS Announces Multiple Funding Opportunities to Address COVID-19 Health Disparities - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Oct 13th, 2021
- City and Police Supervisors Reach Agreement on COVID Vaccinations - City of Milwaukee - Oct 13th, 2021
- MKE County: COVID-19 Disease Remains At High Level - Graham Kilmer - Oct 12th, 2021
- New COVID-19 Mass Testing Site Opens in Menomonee Valley - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 11th, 2021
- Class Action Lawsuit Targets Schools For Lax COVID-19 Policies - Corri Hess - Oct 10th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here