It’s Milwaukee’s First Asian Restaurant Week
Nearly 50 restaurants to choose from. Do good while eating good.
Ready to expand your palette and Milwaukee’s economy? Milwaukee’s first ever Asian Restaurant Week runs from May 16th through the 22nd.
More than 40 restaurants are participating, representing a diverse array of dining options and experiences.
The week, hosted by local advocacy group ElevAsian, overlaps with Asian American Pacific Islander (AAPI) heritage month.
The group, which seeks to draw awareness to issues and successes in Milwaukee’s AAPI community, has taken on an increased role in the past year after anti-Chinese rhetoric related to the COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in threats and results across the country.
“Sharing food is an act of caring and love in Asian culture, and we are excited to share some of our favorites with you. Food is a great entry point to learning about other cultures,” said the organization in a statement announcing the week.
The group asks that participants go beyond their food comfort zone, be intentional about learning more about the cultures and traditions of those preparing the food and share photos on social media using the hashtag “#AsianRestaurantWeekMKE.”
Included below is a list of all participating restaurants grouped by food type.
- Asian Fusion – 1609 E. North Ave.
- Fortune – 2945 S. 108th St., West Allis
- Fusion Cafe – 1427 S. 108th St., West Allis
- J.J. Chen’s Eatery – 10722 W. Oklahoma Ave., West Allis
- Jing’s – 207 E. Buffalo St.
- Lucky Bakery & BBQ – 11078 W. National Ave., West Allis
- Sze Chuan Restaurant – 11102 W. National Ave., West Allis
- Meat on the Street – 1125 N. 9th St.
- Ono Kine Grindz – 7215 W. North Ave., Wauwatosa
- Cafe India – 2201 S. Kinnickinnic Ave.
- India Garden – 2930 N. 117th St., Wauwatosa
- Taj Mahal – 5114 S. 108th St., #1329, Hales Corners
- Taste of India – 17115 W. Bluemound Rd., Brookfield
Indian and Pakistani
- Anmol – 711 W. Historic Mitchell St.
- Peshawar – 7510 W. Layton Ave., Greenfield
- Ruta’s – 2238 N. Farwell Ave.
Indonesian and Chinese
- Peking Chef – 8673 N. Port Washington Rd., Fox Point
- Kyoto – 7453 W. Layton Ave., Greenfield
- Fujiyama – 17395 W. Bluemound Rd., Brookfield
- Hungry Sumo Sushi Bar & Asian Bistro – 2663 S. Kinnickinnic Ave.
- Tanpopo Ramen – 5191 S. 108th St., Hales Corners
Japanese and Thai
- Rice N Roll Bistro – 1952 N. Farwell Ave.
Laotian and Thai
- Bamboo – 3425 W. National Ave.
- Vientiane Noodle Shop – 3422 W. National Ave.
- Sweet Basil – 6509B S. 27th St.
- C&D Thai Food Truck – See Facebook page
- Lucky Ginger – 221 N. Water St.
- Lucky Liu’s – 1664 N. Van Buren St.
- Mekong Cafe – 5930 W. North Ave.
- Momo Mee – 110 E. Greenfield Ave.
- Mr. Wok – 2128 Silvernail Rd., Pewaukee
- Nana Asian Fusion & Sushi Bar – 4511 N. Oakland Ave., Shorewood
- Taste Amir’s Roti – Food truck, see Facebook page
- Xankia – 222 W. Wells St.
- Bento Xpert – 1125 N. 9th St.
- Hue Vietnamese Restaurant – 2691 S. Kinnickinnic Ave.
- Phan’s Garden – 1923 W. National Ave.
- Pho Viet – 5475 S. 27th St., Greenfield
- Pho Saigon – 10534 W. Greenfield Ave., West Allis
- Evie’s Vietnamese Kitchen – N89W16851 Appleton Ave., Menomonee Falls
- Vietnamese Noodles of Mequon – 1380 W. Mequon Rd., Mequon
If you think stories like this are important, become a member of Urban Milwaukee and help support real, independent journalism. Plus you get some cool added benefits.