Get a COVID-19 Vaccine At the Nomad
The Brady Street BID is hosting a pop-up clinic there next week.
Do you like to drink? Have you still not received a COVID-19 vaccine? Well, you’re in luck.
Thanks to a partnership between Hayat Pharmacy, the Brady Street Business Improvement District (BID) and the Nomad World Pub, at 1401 E. Brady St., on Thursday, April 29th, you can take a shot and get a shot.
“The Brady Street BID organized this event to help increase vaccination rates in the area,” said Rachel Taylor, executive director of the BID. “If the clinic proves to be popular then more clinics will be held in the area until demand decreases.”
Teri Regano, owner of the Roman Coin, at 1004 E. Brady St., and a member of the BID, was quoted in a statement from the BID saying, “I was fully vaccinated 2 months ago. It’s a liberating feeling, to be sure!”
The number of people seeking vaccination has been declining in recent weeks. The average number of doses administered daily has dropped by nearly 20,000 in two weeks, according to data from the state Department of Health Services. There were 75,000 fewer doses administered the week ending April 11th than the week prior.
Until recently, the biggest challenge to the vaccine rollout in Wisconsin was supply. Now it’s demand.
As of Friday, approximately 42% of the state’s population has received at least one dose of vaccine, and 30% have completed the vaccination process.
If you think stories like this are important, become a member of Urban Milwaukee and help support real, independent journalism. Plus you get some cool added benefits, all detailed here.
- FDA Approves Vaccine for Kids 12 to 15 - Graham Kilmer - May 10th, 2021
- Black Husky Hosting Vaccine Clinic - Graham Kilmer - May 10th, 2021
- WI Daily: 205 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 10th, 2021
- It’s time to re-open City Hall - Ald. Michael Murphy - May 10th, 2021
- Officials Push To Vaccinate Kids 12 to 15 - Shamane Mills - May 10th, 2021
- WI Daily: 308 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 9th, 2021
- WI Daily: 525 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 8th, 2021
- COVID-19 Testing Results Must Be Made Public - Erika Siemsen - May 7th, 2021
- WI Daily: 662 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 7th, 2021
- In New Interview, Ron Johnson Parrots Tucker Carlson’s Vaccine Lies - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - May 7th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here