Governor Evers To Deliver Statewide COVID-19 Address Tuesday Night
Full address now available.
Governor Tony Evers will deliver a statewide address regarding COVID-19 on Tuesday evening at 6:05 p.m.
The announcement comes as Wisconsin has reported record levels of COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations and deaths. Governors in Iowa and Minnesota have issued new emergency orders restricting gatherings to slow the spread of the disease.
The seven-day case total stands at a record 39,474 after 46,671 were recorded across all of September.
The number of people actively hospitalized crossed 2,000 for the first time yesterday, and stands at 2,003 when 30 days ago it was only 889.
The 30-day rolling daily death total stands at 29.03, when 30 days ago it was 8.83.
For more on COVID-19 and Wisconsin, see our pandemic topic page.
Update – 7:58 p.m.
You can watch the full address below or read it in its entirety. We will have more coverage on Wednesday.
If you think stories like this are important, become a member of Urban Milwaukee and help support real, independent journalism. Plus you get some cool added benefits, all detailed here.
- WI Daily: 116 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 17th, 2021
- WI Daily: 232 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 16th, 2021
- About The CDC’s New Mask Guidance - Erik Gunn - May 16th, 2021
- WI Daily: 550 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 16th, 2021
- WI Daily: 513 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 14th, 2021
- Fully Vaccinated People Can Resume Activities Without Masks - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - May 14th, 2021
- Bill Would Ban UW-System Vaccine Requirements - Henry Redman - May 14th, 2021
- WI Daily: 485 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 13th, 2021
- State Approves COVID-19 Vaccine for Kids 12 and Older - Erik Gunn - May 13th, 2021
- Brewers Home Games to be at Full Capacity Beginning June 25 - Milwaukee Brewers - May 13th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here