Governor Evers To Deliver Statewide COVID-19 Address Tuesday Night
Full address now available.
Governor Tony Evers will deliver a statewide address regarding COVID-19 on Tuesday evening at 6:05 p.m.
The announcement comes as Wisconsin has reported record levels of COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations and deaths. Governors in Iowa and Minnesota have issued new emergency orders restricting gatherings to slow the spread of the disease.
The seven-day case total stands at a record 39,474 after 46,671 were recorded across all of September.
The number of people actively hospitalized crossed 2,000 for the first time yesterday, and stands at 2,003 when 30 days ago it was only 889.
The 30-day rolling daily death total stands at 29.03, when 30 days ago it was 8.83.
For more on COVID-19 and Wisconsin, see our pandemic topic page.
Update – 7:58 p.m.
You can watch the full address below or read it in its entirety. We will have more coverage on Wednesday.
If you think stories like this are important, become a member of Urban Milwaukee and help support real, independent journalism. Plus you get some cool added benefits, all detailed here.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court Blocks Racine School Closure Order, Grants WILL Original Action - Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty - Nov 25th, 2020
- Milwaukee Unemployment Rising - Graham Kilmer - Nov 25th, 2020
- WI Daily: COVID-19 Testing, Cases Falling - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 25th, 2020
- Think Small on Thanksgiving, Evers Urges - Melanie Conklin - Nov 25th, 2020
- Milwaukee County House of Correction to Launch Soft Opening of Alternate Care Facility on Saturday, November 28 - County Executive David Crowley - Nov 25th, 2020
- COVID-19 Surging in State Prisons - Danielle Kaeding - Nov 25th, 2020
- South Side Group Builds COVID-19 Clinic - Graham Kilmer - Nov 25th, 2020
- Pandemic Spreads to State’s Veterans Homes - Hope Kirwan - Nov 24th, 2020
- Common Council approves CARES Act funding measure - Ald. Chantia Lewis - Nov 24th, 2020
- WI Daily: First Day With Over 100 COVID-19 Deaths in Wisconsin - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 24th, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here