No COVID-19 Data Release This Weekend
Software upgrade has Wisconsin record systems offline through Monday.
There will not be COVID-19 case data released this weekend by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services.
The state’s electronic records system is scheduled to be down for an upgrade. The update is scheduled to be fully implemented by Monday, October 19th, with data released at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, October 20th.
“In order to increase COVID-19 mitigation efforts throughout the state, the Wisconsin Electronic Disease Surveillance System (WEDSS) that collects an array of data will undergo system improvements this weekend,” said DHS in a press release. “The upgrade will improve tools for contact tracing, automate data entry, enhance security features, and strengthen the system to accommodate any increase in cases. During this upgrade, the system will experience an outage and the data used to provide visualizations and other statistics on the DHS COVID-19 webpages will not be updated until after the upgrade is complete.”
If reporting doesn’t resume until Tuesday a one-day surge in reported totals is expected. DHS encourages people to look at seven-day averages to mitigate the one-day report.
On Friday DHS reported a record number of new cases, active hospitalizations, rolling positive case rate and rolling daily death total.
The Wisconsin Hospital Association reported Saturday at 3:30 p.m. that the number of people actively hospitalized fell to 1,083, a drop of 18 from Friday’s record high.
If you think stories like this are important, become a member of Urban Milwaukee and help support real, independent journalism. Plus you get some cool added benefits, all detailed here.
- WI Daily: 43% of Wisconsin’s COVID-19 Cases Have Come in Past Month - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 20th, 2020
- WI Daily: Record 1,172 People Actively Hospitalized With COVID-19 As DHS Restores Dashboard - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 19th, 2020
- Judge Restores Restaurant, Bar Restrictions - Shawn Johnson - Oct 19th, 2020
- Gov. Evers Releases Statement on Denial of Temporary Injunction Request for State’s Public Gathering Limits - Gov. Tony Evers - Oct 19th, 2020
- Op Ed: Demand a Joint Vos and Evers Virus Plan - John Torinus - Oct 18th, 2020
- Health Departments Plan For Mass Vaccine Distribution - Rich Kremer - Oct 18th, 2020
- WI Daily: No COVID-19 Data Release This Weekend - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 17th, 2020
- Waukesha County Exec Has COVID-19 - Erik Gunn - Oct 17th, 2020
- Religious Leaders Want Stricter COVID-19 Measures - Erik Gunn - Oct 17th, 2020
- Mask Mandate Targeted by Another Conservative Lawsuit - Shawn Johnson - Oct 16th, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here