Waukesha County Exec Has COVID-19
Paul Farrow tested positive, has mild symptoms. He opposed Evers' mask mandate.
Waukesha County Executive Paul Farrow announced Friday he has tested positive for the coronavirus that causes COVID-19 and was remaining isolated to avoid passing the illness on.
In a statement, Farrow said a member of his household developed COVID-19 symptoms in the last week and tested positive. After the individual reported feeling ill, “I self-quarantined and began working from home to avoid the possibility of spreading the virus in the community,” Farrow stated. He subsequently developed “mild symptoms” and on Friday received a report of a positive test.
The county executive said he would isolate until he has experienced “a full recovery.”
Farrow also called on county residents to follow the county’s COVID-19 safety guidelines, including “staying home when sick, social distancing, wearing a mask, and following CDC best practices.”
“While Waukesha County supports and actively promotes masks and face coverings as a tool to stop the spread of the virus, a government mandate will create many more issues that will not only make it more difficult to respond to the pandemic,” Farrow stated at the time, “the unenforceability of the order undermines existing laws, and overreach from the state erodes public trust in the government.”
On Friday, Wisconsin set another record with 3,861 new positive tests for the coronavirus.
Reprinted with permission of Wisconsin Examiner.
- WI Daily: 43% of Wisconsin’s COVID-19 Cases Have Come in Past Month - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 20th, 2020
- WI Daily: Record 1,172 People Actively Hospitalized With COVID-19 As DHS Restores Dashboard - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 19th, 2020
- Judge Restores Restaurant, Bar Restrictions - Shawn Johnson - Oct 19th, 2020
- Gov. Evers Releases Statement on Denial of Temporary Injunction Request for State’s Public Gathering Limits - Gov. Tony Evers - Oct 19th, 2020
- Op Ed: Demand a Joint Vos and Evers Virus Plan - John Torinus - Oct 18th, 2020
- Health Departments Plan For Mass Vaccine Distribution - Rich Kremer - Oct 18th, 2020
- WI Daily: No COVID-19 Data Release This Weekend - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 17th, 2020
- Waukesha County Exec Has COVID-19 - Erik Gunn - Oct 17th, 2020
- Religious Leaders Want Stricter COVID-19 Measures - Erik Gunn - Oct 17th, 2020
- Mask Mandate Targeted by Another Conservative Lawsuit - Shawn Johnson - Oct 16th, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here