Trump Campaign Events Canceled
After testing positive for COVID-19, Trump's Wisconsin rallies in Green Bay and Janesville are canceled.
Trump aides told The Washington Post that all of Trump’s political events will be canceled for the foreseeable future. As of Friday morning, Air Force One flight restrictions for Green Bay and Janesville airports and the president’s flights to the two cities have been canceled, according to the Wisconsin State Journal.
The Trump campaign had stops lined up for Saturday in Janesville and Green Bay, just as Wisconsin is experiencing a surge in cases and deaths.
The White House has not said how long Trump will be isolated, according to The New York Times.
The news of Trump and First Lady Melania Trump testing positive came after the two began a “quarantine process” because White House adviser Hope Hicks, one of the president’s closest aids, tested positive for the virus. Hicks traveled with Trump to Tuesday night’s presidential debate and to a rally in Minnesota on Wednesday.
The Janesville rally was originally planned for La Crosse on Saturday. La Crosse and Green Bay mayors, medical professionals, public health officials, and Rock County — where Janesville is located — officials had asked Trump to not come because of the dramatic spike in cases in the communities. Trump’s campaign stops typically draw thousands of attendees. After Rock County officials asked the president to cancel his visit Thursday, the campaign later told The Janesville Gazette later that same day that the visit would go forward.
“From a public health perspective, we certainly are pleased there won’t be a large gathering in the county during the peak time we’re facing right now,” Rock County Administrator Josh Smith told the Gazette Friday morning. “It would be great if any president would be able to come to Rock County if it was not in middle of the pandemic. We’ll look forward maybe to having that opportunity sometime after the election and after COVID ends.”
Campaign Stops In Janesville, Green Bay Canceled After Trump Tests Positive For Coronavirus was originally published by Wisconsin Public Radio.
- Democratic Party of Wisconsin Statement on Donald Trump Jr. Visit to Green Bay - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Oct 24th, 2020
- AG Kaul, MKE Exec Crowley, Assembly Candidate Emily Siegrist Call Out Trump Ahead of Visit - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Oct 24th, 2020
- Democratic Party of Wisconsin Statement on Donald Trump Visit to West Salem - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Oct 23rd, 2020
- Sen. Tammy Baldwin Statement on Last Night’s Debate - U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin - Oct 23rd, 2020
- The Collective Launches National Voter Engagement Effort in Milwaukeee - The Collective PAC - Oct 23rd, 2020
- Milwaukee Launches Voter Education, Ballot Counting Website - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 22nd, 2020
- Milwaukee A Leader In By-Mail and In-Person Early Voting - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 21st, 2020
- City of Milwaukee Election Commission Launches 414 Votes Website Featuring Daily Voter Tracker - Mayor Tom Barrett - Oct 21st, 2020
- Democratic Party of Wisconsin Statement on Donald Trump Visit to Wisconsin - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Oct 21st, 2020
- Barrett, Others Stump for Biden-Harris - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 21st, 2020
Read more about 2020 General Election here
- WI Daily: 3,626 New COVID-19 Cases, Another Active Hospitalization Record High - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 25th, 2020
- WI Daily: Milwaukee County Falls to 14th Worst Outbreak, Even As Cases Accelerate - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 24th, 2020
- Appeals Court Blocks State Restaurant, Bar Rules - Shawn Johnson - Oct 24th, 2020
- Milwaukee Unemployment at 8.4% - Graham Kilmer - Oct 23rd, 2020
- WI Daily: Over 10,000 Wisconsin Residents Have Been Hospitalized With COVID-19 - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 23rd, 2020
- Election Officials Can’t Require Masks At Polls - Laurel White - Oct 23rd, 2020
- WILL Asks Judge to Decide on Merits in Lawsuit Challenging Gov. Evers’s Emergency Declarations - Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty - Oct 23rd, 2020
- Milwaukee Getting More Aggressive On COVID-19 Order Fines - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 23rd, 2020
- All Utilities Can’t Disconnect Service Until Spring - Danielle Kaeding - Oct 23rd, 2020
- More COVID-19 Cases and Hospitalizations in Milwaukee Now Than Ever Before - Graham Kilmer - Oct 22nd, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here