Virtual Q+A With State Rep. David Bowen
Hear Bowen discuss his time in the legislature, and his involvement in protests against racial injustice.
On Thursday July 30 at 5:30 p.m. Urban Milwaukee President Jeramey Jannene and State Rep. David Bowen will virtually sit down together to chat about Bowen’s current position in state government, successfully recovering from COVID-19 and his recent participation in the George Floyd protests, and we want our members to join in on the conversation.
Bowen has represented the 10th District since 2014. He has served on state Assembly committees focusing on public schools and education, and supporting Black youth throughout Wisconsin. Recently, Bowen has become a mainstay of the Black Lives Matter protests in Milwaukee, marching against police brutality and the killing of George Floyd.
To listen in on what Bowen has to say about these topics and then ask some questions of your own, click here and reserve your spot.
Once your ticket is confirmed, click on the link in the confirmation notification to download your zoom link. Then on the day of the event, click the link and tune in! It’s that easy.
Not yet a member of Urban Milwaukee?
Urban Milwaukee offers the city’s only news-site membership program, with many perks such as this one. By becoming a member, not only will you help support Urban Milwaukee’s journalism, but you’ll help us continue to grow our publication, which now publishes more than 75 stories and 100 press releases per week.
This event is only one of the great perks you get by becoming an Urban Milwaukee member. Here are just a few others:
- Invitations to member-only events and online chats with a chance to meet and converse with Urban Milwaukee staff, including our periodic Beer Bashes that explore new Milwaukee breweries
- Free tickets to concerts, festivals, and other great events as they become available through our partners
- A chance to provide support that assures Urban Milwaukee can continue focusing on smart, substantive news coverage rather than clickbait
- A 10 percent discount on all merchandise at Urban Milwaukee: The Store, located at 755 N. Milwaukee St. in downtown Milwaukee when we reopen
All of this is just $9/month, or $99 per year. Signing up is easy, and you are welcome to cancel at any time. Join us today. Once you’ve become a member, you can follow this link to claim your tickets.
If you think stories like this are important, become a member of Urban Milwaukee and help support real, independent journalism. Plus you get some cool added benefits, all detailed here.
- 300 Days of Black Lives Matters Protests - Isiah Holmes - Mar 29th, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: 8 Ways Police Mishandled Protests - Bruce Murphy - Mar 24th, 2021
- Milwaukee Police Helped Patrol Tosa Protests? - Isiah Holmes - Mar 17th, 2021
- Evers Reflects on Year of Pandemic, Protests - Shawn Johnson - Dec 28th, 2020
- The Year of the National Guard - Jenny Peek - Dec 28th, 2020
- Baldwin Questions U.S. Marshall’s Role in Tosa Protests - Isiah Holmes - Dec 19th, 2020
- Op Ed: Vote No on COPS Grant - Markasa Tucker - Dec 18th, 2020
- People’s Revolution Marks 200 Days of Protest - Graham Kilmer - Dec 15th, 2020
- Supervisor Clancy Applauds Activists on 200th Day of Protests - Sup. Ryan Clancy - Dec 14th, 2020
- The “Molotov Cocktail” That Wasn’t - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 23rd, 2020
Read more about 2020 Racial Justice Protests here