Foxconn Audit Delayed Two Months
Company claims it earned a subsidy for employees hired and capital expenditures, state still analyzing data.
An audit of Foxconn’s 2019 jobs report has been put off until mid-July, with the auditors blaming the state’s COVID-19 pandemic conditions, according to the Wisconsin Economic Development Corp.
The audit was originally due May 15, and is now due July 14. The audit is conducted by an independent third party under the company’s agreement with the state, then submitted to Foxconn, which will turn it over to the state.
Submission of the audit is one of the conditions for Foxconn to receive up to $3 billion in state tax credits under legislation passed during Scott Walker’s last term as governor to lure the company to build a plant in Racine County.
The company claimed in its 2019 report, which was submitted April 1, that it had hired more than 600 employees by the end of 2019, clearing a quota for the tax credits.
What will actually be produced at the Wisconsin plant, located in the Village of Mount Pleasant, has been in flux since ground first broke on the project. Most recently the company has said it would manufacture ventilators to meet a demand for the respiratory machines brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Reprinted with permission of Wisconsin Examiner.
- Foxconn Hosts Smart Manufacturing Web Conference, Launches iAI Institute - Foxconn Technology Group - Jul 10th, 2020
- Foxconn Will Make 10K Ventilators - Corri Hess - Jun 19th, 2020
- Medtronic and Foxconn Partner to Increase Ventilator Production - Foxconn Technology Group - Jun 18th, 2020
- Foxconn Audit Delayed Two Months - Erik Gunn - Jun 3rd, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn’s Profits Plunge By 90% - Bruce Murphy - May 19th, 2020
- Foxconn to Assemble Procedural Masks in Wisconsin for Pandemic Relief - Foxconn Technology Group - Apr 20th, 2020
- Murphy’s Law: Foxconn Squeezes Evers - Bruce Murphy - Apr 15th, 2020
- Foxconn Says It Earned Tax Credits - Corri Hess - Apr 9th, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn Plant Will Make Ventilators - Bruce Murphy - Apr 8th, 2020
- Op Ed: Foxconn Facility Could Help in Pandemic - James Rowen - Mar 29th, 2020
Read more about Foxconn Facility here