Foxconn Audit Delayed Two Months
Company claims it earned a subsidy for employees hired and capital expenditures, state still analyzing data.
An audit of Foxconn’s 2019 jobs report has been put off until mid-July, with the auditors blaming the state’s COVID-19 pandemic conditions, according to the Wisconsin Economic Development Corp.
The audit was originally due May 15, and is now due July 14. The audit is conducted by an independent third party under the company’s agreement with the state, then submitted to Foxconn, which will turn it over to the state.
Submission of the audit is one of the conditions for Foxconn to receive up to $3 billion in state tax credits under legislation passed during Scott Walker’s last term as governor to lure the company to build a plant in Racine County.
The company claimed in its 2019 report, which was submitted April 1, that it had hired more than 600 employees by the end of 2019, clearing a quota for the tax credits.
What will actually be produced at the Wisconsin plant, located in the Village of Mount Pleasant, has been in flux since ground first broke on the project. Most recently the company has said it would manufacture ventilators to meet a demand for the respiratory machines brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Reprinted with permission of Wisconsin Examiner.
- Mount Pleasant Approves Microsoft Deal on Foxconn Land - Evan Casey - Nov 28th, 2023
- Mount Pleasant Deal With Microsoft Has No Public Subsidies - Evan Casey - Nov 14th, 2023
- Microsoft, State Announce Massive Data Center Expansion, Land Purchase - Joe Schulz - Nov 11th, 2023
- Gov. Evers Announces Microsoft Makes Major Investment in Wisconsin - Gov. Tony Evers - Nov 10th, 2023
- State Can’t Regulate We Energies $100 Million Project for Microsoft - Joe Schulz - Sep 20th, 2023
- Foxconn Selling Green Bay, Eau Claire ‘Centers’ - Joe Schulz - Aug 16th, 2023
- Murphy’s Law: Foxconn Deal Is Still Costing Taxpayers - Bruce Murphy - Jul 6th, 2023
- Microsoft Will Pay $50 Million For Mount Pleasant Data Center Site - Evan Casey - Apr 20th, 2023
- Microsoft Data Center Proposed for Foxconn Land - Evan Casey - Mar 29th, 2023
- Foxconn, We Energies Building Solar Farm at Factory Campus - Joe Schulz - Mar 10th, 2023
Read more about Foxconn Facility here