State Offering Aid for Local Health Clinics
$10 million of CARES Act funding is set aside to help clinics in underserved communities.
Health clinics serving underserved parts of the state will get $10 million to help cover their costs arising from the COVID-19 pandemic, the state Department of Health Services (DHS) announced Thursday.
The funds come from Wisconsin’s allotment from the federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
Recipients include rural and tribal health clinics, community health centers and free and low-cost health clinics, which can apply for funding to cover costs related to the pandemic that are not covered by private insurers, Medicare, Medicaid or other funding sources, according to DHS. Examples of eligible expenses include the cost of implementing telehealth services, lost revenue from reduced patient visits during the pandemic, the cost for personal protective equipment (PPE) and staffing costs such as hazard or overtime pay.
DHS will start taking applications June 5, with a deadline for submission of June 30.
Reprinted with permission of Wisconsin Examiner.
- Americans for Prosperity Calls on Gov. Evers to Protect WI Workers Against Misguided Vaccine & Testing Mandates - AFP Wisconsin - Dec 2nd, 2021
- Protecting against a new variant - Common Council President Cavalier Johnson - Dec 2nd, 2021
- Get Vaccinated, Get Your Photo With Championship Trophy - Annie Mattea - Dec 1st, 2021
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services Secretary-designee Karen Timberlake’s Statement on CDC’s Recommendation of Booster Doses for All Adults - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Nov 30th, 2021
- Advisory from the City of Milwaukee Commissioner of Health - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Nov 30th, 2021
- State Health Officials Await Data On Omicron - Rich Kremer - Nov 30th, 2021
- Gov. Evers Orders Flags to Half-Staff to Honor Master Trooper Daniel Stainbrook - Gov. Tony Evers - Nov 29th, 2021
- Pandemic Surging As Holidays Begin - Erik Gunn - Nov 24th, 2021
- Gov. Evers Orders Flags to Half-Staff in Honor of Officer Daniel J. Daly - Gov. Tony Evers - Nov 23rd, 2021
- MATC to Host Public COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic at the Downtown Milwaukee Campus Nov. 30 - Milwaukee Area Technical College - Nov 23rd, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here