Colectivo Reopens Riverwest and Wauwatosa Cafes
Walk-up windows installed, smartphone app facilitates curbside pickup
Two Colectivo Coffee cafes have reopened with contact-free curbside pickup and window service.
The Milwaukee-based chain is one of many businesses that’s changed course multiple times in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, consumer demand and state and local regulations. After originally keeping its cafes open for carryout only, Colectivo closed its cafes on March 16th. The company continued to ship coffee by the pound to online and wholesale customers.
But now it has reconfigured its cafes at 2999 N. Humboldt Blvd. in Riverwest and 9125 W. North Ave. in Wauwatosa to support social distancing-compliant business practices. The two locations, temporarily known as ColecDepots, feature brewed coffee, draft cold brew beverages, lattes, muffins, burritos, chocolate chip cookies and cinnamon rolls. The company’s Troubadour Bakery-branded sourdough and multi-grain breads are available, as are granola and four-packs of bagels.
“Now you can enjoy some of your usual cafe favorites while keeping a safe and responsible distance,” said the company in announcing the news.
Newly-constructed walk-up windows eliminate the need for customers to come inside. And others looking to stay in a vehicle can have an employee deliver their order to them. Those taking advantage of the curbside service are encouraged to use the newly-updated Colectivo smartphone application to request their order in advance.
Both locations are open from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily.
And if you’re a healthcare worker, police officer, firefighter or bus driver, Colectivo would be happy to give you a free cup of coffee. Just walk up and show your work ID.
If you think stories like this are important, become a member of Urban Milwaukee and help support real, independent journalism. Plus you get some cool added benefits, all detailed here.
- State Creates 4 Community Vaccine Clinics - Megan Hart - Feb 24th, 2021
- State Vaccination Rate Increasing - Graham Kilmer - Feb 24th, 2021
- Wisconsin’s Emergency Powers Laws in Urgent Need of Reform - Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty - Feb 24th, 2021
- Souls to the Polls Urges Sen. Johnson to Vote ‘Yes’ on COVID-19 Relief Bill in the U.S. Senate - Souls to the Polls Milwaukee - Feb 24th, 2021
- WI Daily: 566 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 23rd, 2021
- Gov. Evers Orders Flags to Half-Staff to Honor the More Than 6,300 Wisconsinites and 500,000 Americans Lost to COVID-19 - Gov. Tony Evers - Feb 23rd, 2021
- WI Daily: 423 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 22nd, 2021
- Supervisor Goodwin Calls on Legislature and Governor Evers to Enact Wisconsin Stimulus Package - Sup. Shawn Rolland - Feb 22nd, 2021
- WI Daily: 403 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 21st, 2021
- WI Daily: 676 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 20th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here