COVID-19 Death Total Crosses 100 in Wisconsin
2,756 positive cases, including 1,417 in Milwaukee County.
Wisconsin now has over 100 deaths directly related to the COVID-19 pandemic, including 46 in Milwaukee County.
That comes as public pandemic models, including one from the state’s Department of Health Services (DHS), predict that the worst has yet to come for the state. A revised model from the University of Washington predicts Wisconsin’s daily death total to peak on April 15th.
DHS reported seven new deaths Tuesday, bringing the state total to 99, but a Milwaukee County dashboard confirms an additional two deaths as of 7:00 a.m.
The state reported 178 new cases of the disease Wednesday, bringing the state’s total to 2,756. In Milwaukee County there are 1,417 cases, including over 1,100 in the city according to the county’s public dashboard.
Statewide, the hospitalization rate held steady at 29 percent of those who tested positive, with 790 people requiring hospitalization throughout the course of the pandemic.
The total number of Wisconsin residents testing negative for the virus has risen to 30,115. Since the start of April, 11.58 percent of people tested under state guidelines have tested positive.
Charts and Maps
Wisconsin COVID-19 summary
|Status||Number (%) of People as of 4/8/2020|
|Negative Test Result||30,115|
|Positive Test Result||2,756|
Percent of COVID-19 cases by hospitalization status
|Hospitilization status||Number of confirmed cases as of 4/8/2020||Percent of confirmed cases as of 4/8/2020|
Percent of COVID-19 cases and deaths by gender
|Gender||Confirmed Cases as of 4/8/2020||Deaths as of 4/8/2020|
Summary of COVID-19 cases by age group
|Age Group (Years)||Cases as of 4/8/2020||Ever hospitalized as of 4/8/2020||Any Intensive Care as of 4/8/2020||Deaths as of 4/8/2020|
Number of positive results by county
|Wisconsin County||Positive as of 4/8/2020||Negative as of 4/8/2020||Deaths as of 4/8/2020|
|Fond du Lac||48||777||2|
If you think stories like this are important, become a member of Urban Milwaukee and help support real, independent journalism. Plus you get some cool added benefits, all detailed here.
- State Creates 4 Community Vaccine Clinics - Megan Hart - Feb 24th, 2021
- State Vaccination Rate Increasing - Graham Kilmer - Feb 24th, 2021
- Wisconsin’s Emergency Powers Laws in Urgent Need of Reform - Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty - Feb 24th, 2021
- Souls to the Polls Urges Sen. Johnson to Vote ‘Yes’ on COVID-19 Relief Bill in the U.S. Senate - Souls to the Polls Milwaukee - Feb 24th, 2021
- WI Daily: 566 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 23rd, 2021
- Gov. Evers Orders Flags to Half-Staff to Honor the More Than 6,300 Wisconsinites and 500,000 Americans Lost to COVID-19 - Gov. Tony Evers - Feb 23rd, 2021
- WI Daily: 423 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 22nd, 2021
- Supervisor Goodwin Calls on Legislature and Governor Evers to Enact Wisconsin Stimulus Package - Sup. Shawn Rolland - Feb 22nd, 2021
- WI Daily: 403 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 21st, 2021
- WI Daily: 676 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 20th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here