COVID-19 Death Total Crosses 100 in Wisconsin
2,756 positive cases, including 1,417 in Milwaukee County.
Wisconsin now has over 100 deaths directly related to the COVID-19 pandemic, including 46 in Milwaukee County.
That comes as public pandemic models, including one from the state’s Department of Health Services (DHS), predict that the worst has yet to come for the state. A revised model from the University of Washington predicts Wisconsin’s daily death total to peak on April 15th.
DHS reported seven new deaths Tuesday, bringing the state total to 99, but a Milwaukee County dashboard confirms an additional two deaths as of 7:00 a.m.
The state reported 178 new cases of the disease Wednesday, bringing the state’s total to 2,756. In Milwaukee County there are 1,417 cases, including over 1,100 in the city according to the county’s public dashboard.
Statewide, the hospitalization rate held steady at 29 percent of those who tested positive, with 790 people requiring hospitalization throughout the course of the pandemic.
The total number of Wisconsin residents testing negative for the virus has risen to 30,115. Since the start of April, 11.58 percent of people tested under state guidelines have tested positive.
Charts and Maps
Wisconsin COVID-19 summary
|Status||Number (%) of People as of 4/8/2020|
|Negative Test Result||30,115|
|Positive Test Result||2,756|
Percent of COVID-19 cases by hospitalization status
|Hospitilization status||Number of confirmed cases as of 4/8/2020||Percent of confirmed cases as of 4/8/2020|
Percent of COVID-19 cases and deaths by gender
|Gender||Confirmed Cases as of 4/8/2020||Deaths as of 4/8/2020|
Summary of COVID-19 cases by age group
|Age Group (Years)||Cases as of 4/8/2020||Ever hospitalized as of 4/8/2020||Any Intensive Care as of 4/8/2020||Deaths as of 4/8/2020|
Number of positive results by county
|Wisconsin County||Positive as of 4/8/2020||Negative as of 4/8/2020||Deaths as of 4/8/2020|
|Fond du Lac||48||777||2|
If you think stories like this are important, become a member of Urban Milwaukee and help support real, independent journalism. Plus you get some cool added benefits, all detailed here.
- For the sake of Wisconsin’s schools, state legislators urge U.S. Senate Delegation to pass the HEROES Act - State Sen. Chris Larson - Aug 12th, 2020
- Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs Receives Nursing Assistance from USDVA and WI National Guard - Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs - Aug 11th, 2020
- WI Daily: Over 1,000 Wisconsin Residents Have Died From COVID-19 - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 11th, 2020
- DPW Responds to 1,000 Wisconsinites Dying from COVID-19 - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Aug 11th, 2020
- Wisconsin COVID-19 Death Toll Surpasses 1,000 - Gov. Tony Evers - Aug 11th, 2020
- School Reopening Plans Get Failing Grades - Terry Falk - Aug 11th, 2020
- Universities Require COVID-19 Pledge - Rich Kremer - Aug 11th, 2020
- WI Daily: COVID-19 Hospitalizations Jump To 74-Day High - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 10th, 2020
- Wisconsinites Deserve to Know Where Our Elected Officials Stand on Donald Trump’s Executive Orders - A Better Wisconsin Together - Aug 10th, 2020
- U.S. Senator Tammy Baldwin: Trump Needs to Start Working with Congress to Pass Bipartisan Legislation That Helps Wisconsin With Ongoing and Worsening Public Health and Economic Crisis - U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin - Aug 10th, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here