COVID-19 Death Total Crosses 100 in Wisconsin
2,756 positive cases, including 1,417 in Milwaukee County.
Wisconsin now has over 100 deaths directly related to the COVID-19 pandemic, including 46 in Milwaukee County.
That comes as public pandemic models, including one from the state’s Department of Health Services (DHS), predict that the worst has yet to come for the state. A revised model from the University of Washington predicts Wisconsin’s daily death total to peak on April 15th.
DHS reported seven new deaths Tuesday, bringing the state total to 99, but a Milwaukee County dashboard confirms an additional two deaths as of 7:00 a.m.
The state reported 178 new cases of the disease Wednesday, bringing the state’s total to 2,756. In Milwaukee County there are 1,417 cases, including over 1,100 in the city according to the county’s public dashboard.
Statewide, the hospitalization rate held steady at 29 percent of those who tested positive, with 790 people requiring hospitalization throughout the course of the pandemic.
The total number of Wisconsin residents testing negative for the virus has risen to 30,115. Since the start of April, 11.58 percent of people tested under state guidelines have tested positive.
Charts and Maps
Wisconsin COVID-19 summary
|Status||Number (%) of People as of 4/8/2020|
|Negative Test Result||30,115|
|Positive Test Result||2,756|
Percent of COVID-19 cases by hospitalization status
|Hospitilization status||Number of confirmed cases as of 4/8/2020||Percent of confirmed cases as of 4/8/2020|
Percent of COVID-19 cases and deaths by gender
|Gender||Confirmed Cases as of 4/8/2020||Deaths as of 4/8/2020|
Summary of COVID-19 cases by age group
|Age Group (Years)||Cases as of 4/8/2020||Ever hospitalized as of 4/8/2020||Any Intensive Care as of 4/8/2020||Deaths as of 4/8/2020|
Number of positive results by county
|Wisconsin County||Positive as of 4/8/2020||Negative as of 4/8/2020||Deaths as of 4/8/2020|
|Fond du Lac||48||777||2|
If you think stories like this are important, become a member of Urban Milwaukee and help support real, independent journalism. Plus you get some cool added benefits, all detailed here.
- City Hall: Proposal Requires Vaccinations for City Employees - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 2nd, 2021
- Can Health Officials Act Against Delta Variant? - Shamane Mills - Aug 2nd, 2021
- UWM Institutes Pandemic Restrictions - Henry Redman - Aug 1st, 2021
- MKE County: COVID-19 Metrics Show Disease Surging Countywide - Graham Kilmer - Jul 30th, 2021
- City Hall: Six Council Members Want Tougher Pandemic Rules - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 27th, 2021
- Officials Urge a Return to Mask Wearing - Graham Kilmer - Jul 27th, 2021
- MKE County: Plan Offers Vaccine Incentive for Jail, HOC - Graham Kilmer - Jul 26th, 2021
- UW System To Offer Scholarships For Vaccinated Students - Rich Kremer - Jul 26th, 2021
- Will Bucks Celebrations Hike COVID-19 Cases? - Corri Hess - Jul 25th, 2021
- MKE County: City COVID-19 Transmission Higher Than Suburbs - Graham Kilmer - Jul 23rd, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here