We’re All In This Together
We're here for you, expanding our COVID-19 coverage, because you're there for us, by becoming a member.
This is a unique time for all of us. Despite the fact that we’re all physically separated, we are as connected as ever.
It’s stressful for us to cover everything happening, but we have a clear sense of purpose. The Urban Milwaukee team has been working around the clock and getting less sleep in order to assure our readers have all the necessary information to keep themselves and their families safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
It’s worrisome to see what is happening, to see the rise in COVID-19 cases and deaths. But it also gives us a powerful sense of mission, to cover stories with a life-and-death impact to all of us, to deliver accurate and timely information to the community we love.
And to succeed in that mission we depend on you, our readers. We do get some advertising revenue, but not nearly enough to keep our publication going. Google, Facebook and other network marketers now dominate the ad market, which is why so many journalistic entities have been shrinking and closing, both locally and nationally.
By contrast, we have been growing our readership each year, and it has been exploding in the last month.
And we continue to grow our editorial coverage, now publishing a dozen stories and 15 press releases per day.
And that has also helped grow our membership, which is now the major source of revenue for Urban Milwaukee.
We know you like Urban Milwaukee. We get wonderful comments from readers and have many thousands of readers who get our daily email blast and more than 250,000 visitors to our site each month. But most of you are not members.
We have never done a paywall and don’t intend to; we want as many people as possible to read our stories. And never has that been more important than now.
And never have we had more need to expand our resources and build up our team of writers and reporters. We’re assigning as many stories as we can to our freelancers right now to keep them working alongside our full-time team.
So if you like what we do and believe in our mission, please become a member. It’s easy: You can sign up quickly here.
And if you already are a member, please urge your friends and family members, anyone you know is a regular reader of Urban Milwaukee, to become a member.
We’re all in this together. If you support us, we can better serve you. So please become a member. Don’t delay, do it now.
If you think stories like this are important, become a member of Urban Milwaukee and help support real, independent journalism. Plus you get some cool added benefits, all detailed here.
- State Vaccine Hotline Up and Running - Graham Kilmer - Mar 5th, 2021
- County Targeting Vulnerable ZIP Codes for Vaccine - Graham Kilmer - Mar 5th, 2021
- Ron Johnson Pushes Conspiracies Ahead of Possible Third Term - Shawn Johnson - Mar 5th, 2021
- Gov. Evers, DHS Announce 1 Million Wisconsinites Have Received at Least One Dose of the COVID-19 Vaccine - Gov. Tony Evers - Mar 5th, 2021
- Evers Proposes COVID-19 Child Care Aid - Laurel White - Mar 4th, 2021
- WI Daily: 677 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Mar 4th, 2021
- MKE County: COVID-19 No Longer Declining in Milwaukee - Graham Kilmer - Mar 4th, 2021
- Gov. Evers to Visit DHS Community-Based Vaccination Clinic in La Crosse County on Opening Day - Gov. Tony Evers - Mar 4th, 2021
- COVID-19 Vaccine Assistance Hotline Now Available - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Mar 4th, 2021
- Gov. Evers, DCF Announce Plan to Support Early Care and Education Providers, Partners, and Wisconsin Families - Gov. Tony Evers - Mar 4th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here