27 Cases of COVID-19 in Wisconsin
Six in Milwaukee County. State’s total up to 27 as of Saturday afternoon.
The increase in cases has jumped by eight since Friday afternoon, with four new cases in Milwaukee County.
The total number of cases as of Saturday afternoon are:
- Six cases in Dane County
- Six cases in Fond du Lac County
- Six cases in Milwaukee County
- One case in Pierce County
- One case in Racine County
- Three cases in Sheboygan County
- Three cases in Waukesha County
- One case in Winnebago
Now that more labs are able to test for COVID-19, Wisconsin clinicians can order tests without public health approval, according to the DHS website.
To stay healthy, the department suggests people wash their hands often, cover their coughs and sneezes, and stay home when sick.
Amid the spread of the disease, Gov. Tony Evers Friday ordered all public schools in the state to close in hopes of slowing the spread of the illness. The governor’s move will affect nearly a million students and their families. Earlier in the week, the governor declared a public health emergency.
Listen to the WPR report here.
Number Of COVID-19 Cases Rises To 27 In Wisconsin was originally published by Wisconsin Public Radio.
- MKE County: COVID-19 Metrics Show Disease Surging Countywide - Graham Kilmer - Jul 30th, 2021
- City Hall: Six Council Members Want Tougher Pandemic Rules - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 27th, 2021
- Officials Urge a Return to Mask Wearing - Graham Kilmer - Jul 27th, 2021
- MKE County: Plan Offers Vaccine Incentive for Jail, HOC - Graham Kilmer - Jul 26th, 2021
- UW System To Offer Scholarships For Vaccinated Students - Rich Kremer - Jul 26th, 2021
- Will Bucks Celebrations Hike COVID-19 Cases? - Corri Hess - Jul 25th, 2021
- MKE County: City COVID-19 Transmission Higher Than Suburbs - Graham Kilmer - Jul 23rd, 2021
- City of Milwaukee Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Jul 23rd, 2021
- Milwaukee Health Department Hosts 20th Annual Back-to-School Health Fairs - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Jul 23rd, 2021
- Are Vaccine Mandates Legal? - Elizabeth Dohms-Harter - Jul 23rd, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here