27 Cases of COVID-19 in Wisconsin
Six in Milwaukee County. State’s total up to 27 as of Saturday afternoon.
The increase in cases has jumped by eight since Friday afternoon, with four new cases in Milwaukee County.
The total number of cases as of Saturday afternoon are:
- Six cases in Dane County
- Six cases in Fond du Lac County
- Six cases in Milwaukee County
- One case in Pierce County
- One case in Racine County
- Three cases in Sheboygan County
- Three cases in Waukesha County
- One case in Winnebago
Now that more labs are able to test for COVID-19, Wisconsin clinicians can order tests without public health approval, according to the DHS website.
To stay healthy, the department suggests people wash their hands often, cover their coughs and sneezes, and stay home when sick.
Amid the spread of the disease, Gov. Tony Evers Friday ordered all public schools in the state to close in hopes of slowing the spread of the illness. The governor’s move will affect nearly a million students and their families. Earlier in the week, the governor declared a public health emergency.
Listen to the WPR report here.
Number Of COVID-19 Cases Rises To 27 In Wisconsin was originally published by Wisconsin Public Radio.
- State Creates 4 Community Vaccine Clinics - Megan Hart - Feb 24th, 2021
- State Vaccination Rate Increasing - Graham Kilmer - Feb 24th, 2021
- Wisconsin’s Emergency Powers Laws in Urgent Need of Reform - Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty - Feb 24th, 2021
- Souls to the Polls Urges Sen. Johnson to Vote ‘Yes’ on COVID-19 Relief Bill in the U.S. Senate - Souls to the Polls Milwaukee - Feb 24th, 2021
- WI Daily: 566 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 23rd, 2021
- Gov. Evers Orders Flags to Half-Staff to Honor the More Than 6,300 Wisconsinites and 500,000 Americans Lost to COVID-19 - Gov. Tony Evers - Feb 23rd, 2021
- WI Daily: 423 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 22nd, 2021
- Supervisor Goodwin Calls on Legislature and Governor Evers to Enact Wisconsin Stimulus Package - Sup. Shawn Rolland - Feb 22nd, 2021
- WI Daily: 403 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 21st, 2021
- WI Daily: 676 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 20th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here