What's the deal with Komatsu? And Senator Chris Larson joins the show to talk about the lame duck legislative session.
Thanks for checking out City Beat, the half-hour podcast from the team at Urban Milwaukee.
We open the show this week with a discussion of Komatsu Mining’s $285 million plan to build a new campus in Milwaukee’s Harbor District. We also touch on Governor-elect Tony Evers visit to Milwaukee City Hall.
Senator Chris Larson joins the show from the state capitol to discuss the lame duck session and the effect it could have on Evers and Attorney General-elect Josh Kaul. The conversation was recorded Tuesday afternoon before the Senate voted on many of the measures.
We also discuss progress at The Couture, and how the Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors want a seat at the table.
We end the show with a Pedestrian Observation, this week about the potential of desire paths to guide how to build better parks and sidewalks.
The show is recorded live on Tuesday’s at Riverwest Radio. If you want to listen live, tune it to 104.1 FM or RiverwestRadio.com Tuesday’s at 3:30 p.m. Or subscribe to the podcast via iTunes or a number of other podcast platforms.
- Eyes on Milwaukee: American’s Largest Urban Manufacturing Proposal?
- City Hall: Evers Meets with Mayor, Common Council
- MKE County: County Committee Mollified on Couture
- WI Supreme Court Upholds GOP Lame-Duck Laws - Laurel White - Jul 9th, 2020
- Gov. Evers Releases Statement on State Supreme Court’s Ruling on Lame Duck - Gov. Tony Evers - Jul 9th, 2020
- Lame Duck Supreme Court Upholds Lame Duck GOP Power Grab - State Sen. Chris Larson - Jul 9th, 2020
- Fitzgerald Reacts to Wisconsin Supreme Court Decision in SEIU vs. Vos - Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald - Jul 9th, 2020
- AG Kaul Statement on Wisconsin Supreme Court Ruling on SEIU v. Vos - Josh Kaul - Jul 9th, 2020
- Wisconsin Budget: State Faces April 16 Deadline for Medicaid Money - Jon Peacock - Apr 7th, 2020
- Change Lame Duck Law, Baldwin Urges Legislators - Melanie Conklin - Apr 5th, 2020
- GOP Lame-Duck Law Blocks COVID-19 Aid - Melanie Conklin - Apr 2nd, 2020
- State Supreme Court Reviews Lame Duck Laws - Ruth Conniff - Oct 22nd, 2019
- Kaul Says Lame Duck Law Costs Taxpayers - Melanie Conklin - Sep 10th, 2019
Read more about Lame Duck Laws here