What's the deal with Komatsu? And Senator Chris Larson joins the show to talk about the lame duck legislative session.
Thanks for checking out City Beat, the half-hour podcast from the team at Urban Milwaukee.
We open the show this week with a discussion of Komatsu Mining’s $285 million plan to build a new campus in Milwaukee’s Harbor District. We also touch on Governor-elect Tony Evers visit to Milwaukee City Hall.
Senator Chris Larson joins the show from the state capitol to discuss the lame duck session and the effect it could have on Evers and Attorney General-elect Josh Kaul. The conversation was recorded Tuesday afternoon before the Senate voted on many of the measures.
We also discuss progress at The Couture, and how the Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors want a seat at the table.
We end the show with a Pedestrian Observation, this week about the potential of desire paths to guide how to build better parks and sidewalks.
The show is recorded live on Tuesday’s at Riverwest Radio. If you want to listen live, tune it to 104.1 FM or RiverwestRadio.com Tuesday’s at 3:30 p.m. Or subscribe to the podcast via iTunes or a number of other podcast platforms.
- Eyes on Milwaukee: American’s Largest Urban Manufacturing Proposal?
- City Hall: Evers Meets with Mayor, Common Council
- MKE County: County Committee Mollified on Couture
- Kaul Sues Legislature Over Lame Duck Laws - Melanie Conklin - Nov 24th, 2020
- AG Kaul Announces Legal Action to Allow DOJ to Again Enforce Wisconsin Laws Without Unconstitutional Legislative Interference - Josh Kaul - Nov 23rd, 2020
- Vos Thinks Lame-Duck Session Didn’t Go Far Enough - Melanie Conklin - Jul 31st, 2020
- The State of Politics: Court Rulings Against Evers Sow Confusion - Steven Walters - Jul 20th, 2020
- Court Tosses Dems’ Lame-Duck Suit - Laurel White - Jul 16th, 2020
- Op Ed: State High Court Nullifies 2018 Election - James Rowen - Jul 12th, 2020
- WI Supreme Court Upholds GOP Lame-Duck Laws - Laurel White - Jul 9th, 2020
- Gov. Evers Releases Statement on State Supreme Court’s Ruling on Lame Duck - Gov. Tony Evers - Jul 9th, 2020
- Lame Duck Supreme Court Upholds Lame Duck GOP Power Grab - State Sen. Chris Larson - Jul 9th, 2020
- Fitzgerald Reacts to Wisconsin Supreme Court Decision in SEIU vs. Vos - Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald - Jul 9th, 2020
Read more about Lame Duck Laws here