The Monarch Trail Summer Moon Picnic!
Join the Monarch Trail Friends for a picnic and watch the sunset and moonrise over the County Grounds.
Irish Music provided by: Ceol Cairde www.ceolcairde.com
- Where: The Monarch Trail – Milwaukee County Grounds, 9480 W Watertownplank Rd. Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
- When: 6:00 – 8 pm, (simultaneous sunset/moonrise: 7:15 pm)
- What: There will be a guided tour at 6:15 pm
- Why: Due to development plans, this may be one of the last opportunities to see the moonrise and sunset in this vast open space.
- Bring: Pack a picnic or snacks, and skeeto repellant
2010 will be a much better year to view the migration. This pre-migration event will provide information for people who would like to come out in September to see where they gather and where they roost at night.
Themonarchtrail.org will update the migration daily the 2nd and 3rd week in September.
Rain Date: We will hold a Migration launch on September 11th, same time, same place. The moon will not be attending that evening!
- Contact: Barb Agnew, 414-454-0222