Senator Johnson’s Record of Failure on the Opioid Crisis
Like a true Washington politician Johnson continues to say one thing but do another when it come to drug addition.
Senator Johnson is in Hartland today in an attempt to paper over his record on the opioid crisis. Like a true Washington politician Johnson continues to say one thing but do another when it come to drug addition. Over the past five and a half years Senator Johnson has routinely voted against funding and common sense measures to combat addiction.
Senator Johnson’s record of failure on the issue speaks for itself:
- He failed to support a White House bill that would have given Wisconsin $13 million in additional funding to combat drug abuse
- He voted against a bill that would have secured an additional $4 million to help Wisconsinites struggling with addiction
- He voted against an amendment to provide $1.1 billion in funding to combat heroin
- He admitted that some of his interest in the issue was driven by politics not principle
- He callously suggested that sending addicts to prison was cheaper than treatment
Press Releases by Democratic Party of Wisconsin
"We must maintain local control of our natural resources so that communities are able to protect their own quality of life."
"President Trump supports Senator Tammy Baldwin's legislation to create and retain manufacturing jobs in Wisconsin."
While Trump has promised a “Buy American, Hire American” policy, he and Speaker Ryan have repeatedly done the opposite.
Following Successful Fundraising Quarter, Tammy Baldwin Criss Crossed Wisconsin Talking Jobs, Opioid Crisis, Veterans ChoiceApr 14th, 2017 by Democratic Party of Wisconsin
Tammy will continue to travel the state, listening to Wisconsinites, and fighting Washington special interests that hurt working families.
"Thank you to all of the law enforcement officers whose selfless service over the past nine days lead to the arrest of Joseph Jakubowski."