Wisconsin Department of Revenue
Press Release

Department of Revenue Collections, March FY2024

General Purpose Revenue ($ in thousands - rounded)

By - Apr 26th, 2024 10:53 am
Collections for Month Collections to Date
Revenue Source FY23 FY24 % change FY23 FY24 % change
Individual Income          369,626          161,872 -56.2%      6,202,848      5,981,538 -3.6%
Adjusted          369,626          561,939 52.0%      6,202,848      6,381,606 2.9%
General Sales & Use          502,979          531,512 5.7%      4,884,731      4,983,316 2.0%
Corporate          340,823          355,983 4.4%      1,756,307      1,712,573 -2.5%
Excise Taxes            38,598            40,908 6.0%          408,039          386,433 -5.3%
Other              4,529              4,907 8.3%          257,330          270,355 5.1%
Total GPR      1,256,555      1,095,180 -12.8%    13,509,255    13,334,214 -1.3%
Adjusted      1,256,555      1,495,248 19.0%    13,509,255    13,734,282 1.7%

This report includes general purpose revenue (GPR) taxes collected by the Wisconsin Department of Revenue and does not include taxes collected by the Office of the Commissioner of Insurance, administrative fees, and other miscellaneous revenues. Total General Fund tax collections are reported in the Department of Administration’s Report of Monthly General Fund Financial Information, which includes GPR and program revenue taxes collected by all state agencies.


  1. In fiscal year 2024 (FY24), the adjusted lines include withholding that was received on the first working days of April, rather than the last day of March, which was a weekend.  Collections to Date for FY24 were also impacted.
  2. Individual Income includes 56.9% of pass-thru withholding. Corporate Income includes the remaining 43.1%.
  3. The Other category includes estate, utility, and real estate transfer tax collections.
  4. Total does not include insurance premium taxes.
  5. This report is generated from the STAR Accounting System. Timing differences may cause the amounts in this report to differ from reports produced by the Department of Administration. All data are preliminary and unaudited.

NOTE: This press release was submitted to Urban Milwaukee and was not written by an Urban Milwaukee writer. While it is believed to be reliable, Urban Milwaukee does not guarantee its accuracy or completeness.

Recent Press Releases by Wisconsin Department of Revenue

Department of Revenue Collections, March FY2024

General Purpose Revenue ($ in thousands - rounded)

Department of Revenue Collections, February FY2024

General Purpose Revenue ($ in thousands - rounded)

Individual Income Tax Season Begins January 29

Wisconsin DOR launches free WisTax e-filing system, joins IRS Free File program

Leave a Reply

You must be an Urban Milwaukee member to leave a comment. Membership, which includes a host of perks, including an ad-free website, tickets to marquee events like Summerfest, the Wisconsin State Fair and the Florentine Opera, a better photo browser and access to members-only, behind-the-scenes tours, starts at $9/month. Learn more.

Join now and cancel anytime.

If you are an existing member, sign-in to leave a comment.

Have questions? Need to report an error? Contact Us