Sen. Johnson’s Record of Failure on Infrastructure Speaks for Itself
Like a true Washington Insider, Johnson talks a lot about infrastructure, but his record tells a very different story
MADISON – It’s election time, and Senator Johnson is holding a hearing in Washington to try and paper over his disastrous record when it comes to Wisconsin’s infrastructure. Senator Johnson and his ultra-conservative allies in the Senate, have consistently tried to cut funding for critical infrastructure; and it’s Wisconsinites that suffer. The State’s roads were just ranked the fourth worst in the nation, and motorists in Milwaukee and Madison spend on average more than $2,000 in car repairs annually because of crumbling infrastructure.
Like a true Washington Insider, Johnson talks a lot about infrastructure, but his record tells a very different story:
- Johnson co-sponsored the Transportation Empowerment Act, which would have essentially scrapped the system of federal funding for roads.
- In 2012, Johnson voted against authorizing more than $100 billion in transportation funding. The bill included $1.4 billion for Wisconsin and saved Appleton’s Valley Transit from a funding shortage.
- In 2013, Johnson voted against a $54 billion transportation funding bill, which included $500 million to repair bridges, when Wisconsin had nearly 2,000 bridges in need of repair.
- In 2013, Johnson voted against a $54 billion transportation funding bill, which included $12.6 billion for the FAA and would have eliminated funding for 149 air traffic control towers.
- Johnson was one of only 8 Senators to oppose an FAA reauthorization bill that would save consumers money, modernize the air traffic control system, and set up guidelines to prevent taxpayer waste.
Press Releases by Democratic Party of Wisconsin
During his tenure as Governor, Scott Walker has rammed destructive, anti-worker policies through the Republican-controlled legislature.
"Just three weeks into the Trump Presidency, major national security risks have reared their head..."
"Of course the people of Charleston are deeply offended by Rep. Sean Duffy's comments..."
Rep. Sean Duffy has rebuffed Wisconsin values at every turn, but today he took his act to a new low.
Even as millions of Americans, including business leaders, express their displeasure with the law, Rep. Sean Duffy wasted no time jumping on President Trump's cruel and un-American bandwagon.
"This is an incredibly important ruling for the people of Wisconsin and our democracy."