“We are not out of the woods yet. Let’s not lose our way.” – Sen. Larson statement on COVID-19 diagnosis
Milwaukee, WI – “I received a positive test for COVID-19 today. After over a year of virtual schooling, remote meetings, avoiding gathering with family and friends, making only essential trips to shopping centers, eating at home or carrying out all meals, and wearing a mask every time I left the house and was around people, my family was hit by the pandemic, starting with my 6-year-old daughter. Children can get and spread the coronavirus and I hope that no one has to learn this the hard way. Like 587,000 other Wisconsin neighbors over the past year, my daughter and I are resting, hydrating, isolating, and focusing on recovery.
“This disease that so many have called a hoax or failed to take seriously enough – even as it hospitalized over 28,000 people and tragically claimed the lives of nearly 6,700 right here in Wisconsin – has now hit home for my family. I am thankful to be showing only minor symptoms at this time and I am hopeful my other family members will be alright. My positive diagnosis is a stark reminder for all of us that we are not out of the woods yet.
“Despite a legislature that waited way too long to pass a COVID bill that fell far short last spring, then spent the rest of 2020 suing the Governor to undo everything he tried to do to protect people and save lives, Wisconsin is on the verge of getting control of this pandemic and returning safely to a more normal life sometime this year.
“Vaccinations are ramping up quickly. Over a quarter of the state is fully vaccinated and supply is increasing to the point where appointments are getting easier and easier to find. Unfortunately, thanks to new variants like B.1.1.7, Wisconsin’s cases are once again on the rise. Our 7-day average has more than doubled in less than a month, and with no statewide mask mandate in place, thanks to a Republican lawsuit, things could only get worse if we are not careful.
“I beg my Wisconsin neighbors to stay vigilant, mask up, keep your distance, and avoid large gatherings until we reach herd immunity. We only get there if as many of you as possible get vaccinated. We simply can’t afford to lose any more time or loved ones to this disease.”
- WI Daily: 308 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 9th, 2021
- WI Daily: 525 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 8th, 2021
- COVID-19 Testing Results Must Be Made Public - Erika Siemsen - May 7th, 2021
- WI Daily: 662 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 7th, 2021
- In New Interview, Ron Johnson Parrots Tucker Carlson’s Vaccine Lies - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - May 7th, 2021
- WI Daily: 667 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 6th, 2021
- UW System campuses preparing for return of precollege and youth programs this summer - University of Wisconsin System - May 6th, 2021
- WI Daily: 639 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 5th, 2021
- Data Wonk: Ron Johnson Threatens Republicans - Bruce Thompson - May 5th, 2021
- WI Daily: 721 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 4th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here