Wauwatosa to Hold Public Listening Session “Race, Equity, and Police Issues”
The City of Wauwatosa is holding a public listening session on Tuesday, July 21 at 6:30 pm. The purpose is to invite members of the public to provide comment on race, equity, and police issues.
The event will be held outdoors at Hart Park Stadium (7300 W Chestnut St, Wauwatosa) with optional attendance via Zoom. Members of the public can speak at a microphone in person, and Zoom participants can also speak.
The city has outlined guidelines for the public, in an effort to practice public health safety measures and allow a significant number of people to speak:
- Masks are encouraged.
- We will have hand sanitizer and ask people to practice physical distancing in the bleacher seating by maintaining a distance of 6 ft. or more from others at all times.
- We will ask participants to keep comments to three minutes in order for a significant number of people to provide oral comment (in person and via Zoom). We will rotate between in-person participants and Zoom every two people who provide comment.
- We will have a countdown timer to help participants keep track of time.
- We will also take written comment through a comment card at the event and via email: email@example.com. People can submit comments in advance and through the end of the event on July 21.
- As with all in-person events during COVID-19, please do not attend in-person if you are sick or exhibiting symptoms.
The event is a special meeting of the Wauwatosa Common Council who may be physically present or attend via Zoom. The Common Council will not act, debate, or discuss topics during this meeting. The purpose in calling the meeting is to listen to as many people as possible on these issues.
Zoom instructions will be posted on www.wauwatosa.net at least 24 hours in advance of the event.
In the event of inclement weather, a rain date of Saturday, July 25 at 6:30 pm is scheduled. We would post any cancelation notice to www.wauwatosa.net and to the city’s social media (facebook.com/cityofwauwatosa and @WauwatosaWI on Twitter).
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by City of Wauwatosa
The citizen-led Wauwatosa Police and Fire Commission is asking for interview questions from the public