Waukesha incident — Statement from Children’s Wisconsin
Children’s Wisconsin immediately prepared for a surge of patients after receiving notification from law enforcement of the incident at the Waukesha Holiday Christmas Parade. As of 8 p.m., Children’s Wisconsin received 15 patients from the incident, with no reported fatalities at our hospital at that time.
The Children’s Wisconsin Emergency Department and Trauma Center is fully open to support any community need, in addition to responding to this fluid and dynamic situation.
Additional information on the Children’s Wisconsin response to this incident will be shared Monday morning.
- $5 Million Bail For Suspect in Waukesha Massacre - Isiah Holmes - Nov 24th, 2021
- ‘We Are All In This Together’ - Shamane Mills and Diane Bezucha - Nov 23rd, 2021
- Waukesha Shocked by Killings, Schools Close - WPR Staff - Nov 22nd, 2021
- Versiti Extends Blood Donation Center Hours as Community Responds to Need - Versiti Blood Center of Wisconsin - Nov 22nd, 2021
- Rep. Bowen Statement on Tragedy in Waukesha - State Rep. David Bowen - Nov 22nd, 2021
- Rep.Stubbs’ Statement on Waukesha Parade Tragedy - State Rep. Shelia Stubbs - Nov 22nd, 2021
- Rep. Brostoff Statement on Waukesha Parade Tragedy - State Rep. Jonathan Brostoff - Nov 22nd, 2021
- 5 Killed, 40 Injured By Driver Speeding Through Waukesha Parade - Megan Hart - Nov 22nd, 2021
- Gov. Evers Orders Flags to Half-Staff as a Mark of Respect for the Victims of the Tragedy at the 2021 Waukesha Christmas Parade - Gov. Tony Evers - Nov 22nd, 2021
- Statement from the Milwaukee Dancing Grannies - Milwaukee Dancing Grannies - Nov 22nd, 2021
Read more about Tragedy at Waukesha Christmas Parade here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Children's Wisconsin
Largest donation in Children’s history meant to inspire other donors.
In its 42-year history, Briggs & Al’s Run & Walk has raised more than $22 million through gifts and pledges.
Quadracci family donates $1.2 million to Children’s in response to Herma Heart Center challenge giftJun 28th, 2017 by Children's Wisconsin
The gift is being made through the family’s Windhover Foundation.