VISIT Milwaukee partners with the MMAC to provide 50,000 free masks to Milwaukeeans
As part of the MaskUpMKE initiative, the masks will be available at Citgo stations across the city
MILWAUKEE (July 27, 2020) – With the new City of Milwaukee mandate requiring masks for anyone over the age of three, VISIT Milwaukee and the Metropolitan Milwaukee Association of Commerce (MMAC) want to ensure Milwaukee residents have access to free masks. VISIT Milwaukee staff will deliver 50,000 masks from Fam Brands to the 42 CITGO stations in the city of Milwaukee on Monday, July 27.
“CITGO is a proud member of the Milwaukee community,” said CITGO General Manager Light Oils Marketing Chris Kiesling. “We’re honored to help distribute masks at our stations and play our part in keeping Milwaukee residents safe and healthy.”
The data tells us that wearing masks is vital to helping our tourism economy return while keeping our hospitality workers and all Milwaukee residents safe and healthy,” said Peggy Williams-Smith, president and CEO of VISIT Milwaukee. “We are excited to partner with the MMAC and CITGO on this initiative and do our part to get masks into the hands of every Milwaukeean.”
“Our focus is on encouraging businesses and individuals to exercise responsible freedom and best practices for controlling the spread of this virus. We hope making masks easily available throughout our community will make that easier for people to do that,” said Steve Baas, senior vice president of governmental affairs at MMAC. “Our shared goal must be to get Milwaukee open for business. The sooner we can reduce the number of COVID-19 cases, the sooner we can fully reopen our economy.”
The effort was lauded by the City of Milwaukee Health Department. “This is a wonderful example of public-private partnerships meeting the needs of our community. We salute MMAC and VISIT Milwaukee for their tireless efforts to increase awareness about COVID-19 and its prevention as well as the provision of free masks for our community while the city works to procure thousands of masks to support MKE Cares, our new mask ordinance” said Dr. Jeanette Kowalik, Commissioner of Health for the City of Milwaukee.
Media are invited to join local officials at two CITGO locations as they deliver masks for residents of each community.
Forest Petroleum Inc
1645 W Forest Home Ave
Milwaukee, WI, 53204
Ps Gas (CITGO)
3114 N Sherman Blvd
Milwaukee, WI, 53216
Monday, July 27, 2020
10 a.m. (Forest Home Ave.)
12 p.m. (Sherman Blvd.)
About VISIT Milwaukee
VISIT Milwaukee is the Greater Milwaukee area’s convention and visitors bureau, marketing the destination as a top choice for business, convention, and leisure travel to national and international visitors in order to increase the economic impact of tourism in the region. Each year, tourism supports over 53,200 full-time jobs and brings more than $5.9 billion to the community. VISIT Milwaukee has over 700 members, including hotels/motels, restaurants, attractions, services, and area businesses. The Wisconsin Center District and Potawatomi Hotel & Casino are strategic partners with VISIT Milwaukee, providing funding support for conventions and tourism programs. For more information call (800) 554- 1448 or visit www.visitmilwaukee.org.
About the Metropolitan Milwaukee Association of Commerce
Founded in 1861, the MMAC serves as the chamber of commerce for the Milwaukee Region, representing approximately 2,000 member businesses with 300,000 employees. Its mission is to improve Metro Milwaukee as a place to invest capital, grow business and create jobs. Online: MMAC.org.
NOTE: This press release was submitted to Urban Milwaukee and was not written by an Urban Milwaukee writer. It has not been verified for its accuracy or completeness.
- MHD Release: Milwaukee Health Department Launches COVID-19 Wastewater Testing Dashboard - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Jan 23rd, 2024
- Milwaukee County Announces New Policies Related to COVID-19 Pandemic - County Executive David Crowley - May 9th, 2023
- DHS Details End of Emergency COVID-19 Response - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Apr 26th, 2023
- Milwaukee Health Department Announces Upcoming Changes to COVID-19 Services - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Mar 17th, 2023
- Fitzgerald Applauds Passage of COVID-19 Origin Act - U.S. Rep. Scott Fitzgerald - Mar 10th, 2023
- DHS Expands Free COVID-19 Testing Program - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Feb 10th, 2023
- MKE County: COVID-19 Hospitalizations Rising - Graham Kilmer - Jan 16th, 2023
- Not Enough Getting Bivalent Booster Shots, State Health Officials Warn - Gaby Vinick - Dec 26th, 2022
- Nearly All Wisconsinites Age 6 Months and Older Now Eligible for Updated COVID-19 Vaccine - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Dec 15th, 2022
- City of Milwaukee Bi-Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Dec 9th, 2022
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here