Valley Bridge overlay project to see new ramp openings and closures
As the project advances, access to certain system ramps will continue to become available.
On the evening of Friday, May 4, the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) will begin the next phase of the Valley Bridge overlay project in the city of Milwaukee. This next phase will require bridge work that affects different system ramps in the Marquette Interchange. As the project advances, access to certain system ramps will continue to become available. Please note that these closures are weather dependent and subject to change.
Ramps to open – May 4:
- I-43 North to I-794 East and Plankinton Avenue Exit Ramp
Ramps to close – May 4:
- I-43 North to I-94 West (Until Late June)
- I-43 North to 10th Street and Michigan Avenue Exit Ramp (Until Late June)
Current long-term ramp closures:
- 11th Street and Wisconsin Avenue Entrance Ramp to I-43 South (Until Late May)
- I-794 West to I-43 South (Until Late June)
- I-94 East to I-43 South (Until Late July)
- Mineral Street/National Avenue Entrance Ramp to I-43 North (Until Late August)
Primary detour route for navigating interchange access continues to be the I-794 Hoan Bridge. For more information on closures and detour routes, visit 511 Wisconsin at https://projects.511wi.gov/i43bridges/.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Wisconsin Department of Transportation
Wisconsin DMV encourages travelers to update their driver license/ID ahead of October 1, 2020 deadline
Governor Evers/State Patrol recognize law enforcement officers, public and private citizens for heroism and commendable serviceOct 30th, 2019 by Wisconsin Department of Transportation
“These annual awards provide an important opportunity to recognize their extraordinary dedication and professionalism, and to thank them for their service.”
State Patrol Superintendent Burrell receives leadership award