Valley Bridge overlay project to see new ramp openings and closures
As the project advances, access to certain system ramps will continue to become available.
On the evening of Friday, May 4, the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) will begin the next phase of the Valley Bridge overlay project in the city of Milwaukee. This next phase will require bridge work that affects different system ramps in the Marquette Interchange. As the project advances, access to certain system ramps will continue to become available. Please note that these closures are weather dependent and subject to change.
Ramps to open – May 4:
- I-43 North to I-794 East and Plankinton Avenue Exit Ramp
Ramps to close – May 4:
- I-43 North to I-94 West (Until Late June)
- I-43 North to 10th Street and Michigan Avenue Exit Ramp (Until Late June)
Current long-term ramp closures:
- 11th Street and Wisconsin Avenue Entrance Ramp to I-43 South (Until Late May)
- I-794 West to I-43 South (Until Late June)
- I-94 East to I-43 South (Until Late July)
- Mineral Street/National Avenue Entrance Ramp to I-43 North (Until Late August)
Primary detour route for navigating interchange access continues to be the I-794 Hoan Bridge. For more information on closures and detour routes, visit 511 Wisconsin at https://projects.511wi.gov/i43bridges/.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Wisconsin Department of Transportation
Last year in Wisconsin, alcohol-related crashes resulted in 169 deaths and more than 3,000 injuries.
WisDOT announces nearly $6.3 million to serve the transportation needs of seniors and individuals with disabilitiesDec 3rd, 2018 by Wisconsin Department of Transportation
The grants assist local public entities and private, non-profit agencies in rural and smaller urban areas.
Wisconsin’s rail system consists of 10 freight railroads, which operate more than 3,300 miles of track in the state.