UW System announces two additional universities have reached 70% threshold
Vax Up! “70 for 70” deadline extended by two weeks
MADISON, Wis.—The UW System announced today that two additional universities have now attained a 70 percent vaccination rate among students: UW Oshkosh and UW-Whitewater.
“Thanks to the students and all the university employees at UW Oshkosh and UW-Whitewater for helping us reach this goal,” said UW System President Tommy Thompson. “Like me, they want to make our universities healthy and safe, and I know they have worked tirelessly to make today’s announcement possible.”
The UW System provides vaccination rates for all universities weekly.
Given the success of the ongoing campaign, the University of Wisconsin System will be extending by two weeks the deadline for its Vax Up! “70 for 70” campaign to encourage students to become vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. The new deadline is October 31, 2021.
“Extending the deadline as our vaccination rates grow will afford more students the opportunity to participate, as getting two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine requires students to act sooner than later to complete the series,” said Thompson. “Our priority is to make our universities healthy and safe, so we can deliver the college experience students deserve and parents expect. High vaccination rates are key to our success.”
Under the UW System’s “70 for 70” campaign, fully vaccinated students who attend universities that reach the 70 percent threshold, based on fall 2020 full-time-equivalent enrollment and excluding students studying only online, are eligible to win one of 70 scholarships valued at $7,000.
- MKE County: COVID-19 Declining Countywide - Graham Kilmer - Oct 27th, 2021
- Teachers Union Tony Evers Fails Wisconsin Students - Republican Party of Wisconsin - Oct 26th, 2021
- MATC and City of Milwaukee Health Department Hold Vaccine Walk-in Clinic at MATC Education Center at Walker’s Square Oct. 28 - Milwaukee Area Technical College - Oct 26th, 2021
- Milwaukee’s Fastest Growing Minority-owned Safety Supply Firm Secures $1 Million Contract with Milwaukee Public Schools - Best Ed Business - Oct 26th, 2021
- Free, Public Job Fair and COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic to be Held at MATC’s Oak Creek Campus Oct. 27 - Milwaukee Area Technical College - Oct 25th, 2021
- Baldwin Joins Bipartisan Group of Senators in Calling on President Biden to Strengthen U.S. Leadership on Global Vaccinations, Efforts to Fight COVID-19 Pandemic - U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin - Oct 25th, 2021
- COVID-19 Services at Southside Health Center Closed October 25 - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Oct 25th, 2021
- City of Milwaukee Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Oct 22nd, 2021
- Wisconsin to Offer COVID-19 Moderna and Johnson & Johnson Vaccine Booster Doses - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Oct 22nd, 2021
- CVS Health Announces Availability of Moderna Booster to Eligible Populations - CVS Health - Oct 22nd, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Recent Press Releases by University of Wisconsin System
Inaugural awards honor staff in Green Bay, Milwaukee, and Kenosha for work to support UW System mission