TRAFFIC ALERT – West Wisconsin Avenue Reconstruction Project Begins Monday, April 30, 2018
Project will affect vehicular traffic from North 20th to North 38th Streets
The City of Milwaukee Department of Public Works (DPW) announces that a reconstruction project on West Wisconsin Avenue from North 20th to North 38th streets will begin on Monday, April 30, 2018. The project is expected to last through Fall 2018, weather permitting.
What to expect during construction:
- Two-way traffic on Wisconsin Avenue will be maintained
- On April 30, the south side of the avenue will be closed
- One lane in each direction will be open on the north side of the street
- The Wisconsin Avenue viaduct will be open to traffic
- However, there will be no access to the viaduct from North 38th Street in the Valley Park neighborhood
- North 27th and North 35th streets will be open with one lane of traffic in each direction
- However, motorists will not be able to turn onto or from Wisconsin Avenue to other north/south streets in the construction zone
Bus routes: #30, #30X and the Gold Line will remain in operation
Parking: There will be no parking along Wisconsin Avenue during construction
Pedestrian access: Short-term disruptions will occur as sidewalk is being removed and rebuilt. Temporary accommodations will be provided as needed.
For more information on this project, go to the DPW website Support for Business page.
DPW advises adding extra time when traveling to, from, and around the west side neighborhoods served by Wisconsin Avenue.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by City of Milwaukee Dept. of Public Works
Actual collection of leaves will begin on Monday, October 8.
Short portions of W. St. Paul Ave. will be closed for a few hours to accommodate delivery.
DPW stands ready to continue our collaborative work with community members, Mayor Barrett, and Common Council members to find a solution that works for everyone.