The House is on Fire and Republicans Argue About Process
Senate GOP in Disarray, go back on their word with the Governor
MADISON – Today, the Wisconsin State Senate will take up another amended version of Assembly Bill 1. The new version before the Senate today came after Assembly Republicans ignored the compromise bill passed by the Senate on January 12th.
Senator Agard (D-Madison) released this statement:
“The fact is there is so much that we agree on. We want schools to open safely, we want businesses to recover, we want to go to sporting events, we want to gather with friends and family, we want to live our lives.
“We all want these things back – but we need to work together and do the difficult but necessary things to move forward and get to that point. We need to wear masks and practice social distancing. We need to get through these last few challenging months as we work to get vaccines to people across Wisconsin.
“Republicans arguing about the governor issuing the public health emergency are missing the point entirely. Our main goal is not who is solving the problems in front of us, but that we are actually solving the problems in front of us. When the house is on fire, you shouldn’t care who puts it out. What matters is we put out the fire. Our state is still suffering from the effects of this pandemic and our legislature has done very little to provide any support.
“Republican leaders have completely lost sight of our objective. Our objective is to get life back to normal, to restart our economy, and to allow our kids to return to school – not continue these political theatrics that are so trivial compared to the problems our friends and neighbors are facing. Wisconsinites deserve better.”
- WI Daily: 178 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Mar 8th, 2021
- Legislators Want Say Over Pandemic Funds - Melanie Conklin - Mar 8th, 2021
- City Will Conduct Mental Health Survey - Corri Hess - Mar 8th, 2021
- WI Daily: 329 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Mar 7th, 2021
- WI Daily: 206 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Mar 6th, 2021
- Surprising No One, Senator Johnson Votes Against Relief for Wisconsin Workers and Families - Opportunity Wisconsin - Mar 6th, 2021
- U.S. Senator Tammy Baldwin Votes to Pass the American Rescue Plan and Support Wisconsin - U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin - Mar 6th, 2021
- WI Daily: 350 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Mar 5th, 2021
- DHS and Laboratory Partners Identify Variant Strain B.1.351 of SARS-CoV-2 in Wisconsin - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Mar 5th, 2021
- Many South Side Seniors Now Eligible for Vaccination at Kosciuszko Community Center - Sup. Sylvia Ortiz-Velez - Mar 5th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Recent Press Releases by State Sen. Melissa Agard
Senator Agard Introduces Bipartisan Legislation Exempting Menstrual Products and Diapers from State Sales TaxMar 2nd, 2021 by State Sen. Melissa Agard
Hygiene products are necessities, not luxuries
The State Senate met to take first steps to upgrade the unemployment system shortcomings after nearly a year of issues.