Suspect Criminally Charged in Connection to Shots Fired at Officers During the Rescue of a Domestic Violence Hostage
MILWAUKEE, WI – On Friday, March 26, 2021, the Milwaukee County District Attorney’s Office issued criminal charges against Delon M. Lockett for his involvement in a domestic violence hostage incident where the suspect fired shots at officers. The incident occurred on Monday, March 22, 2021, at approximately 3:57 a.m., on the 7600 block of N. 78th Street.
Lockett was charged with the following charges:
- One count of Attempt First Degree Intentional Homicide – Use of a Dangerous Weapon
- One count of Taking Hostages – Use of a Dangerous Weapon – Domestic Abuse Assessments
- Three counts of First Degree Recklessly Endangering Safety – Use of a Dangerous Weapon
- One count of False Imprisonment- Use of a Dangerous Weapon – Domestic Abuse Assessments
- One count of Failure to Comply with Officer’s Attempt to Take Person into Custody
- One count of Misdemeanor Battery – Domestic Abuse Assessment – Use of a Dangerous Weapon.
If convicted, Lockett could face up to 198 years, 3 months in prison and he could be fined up to $105,000.
If you or someone you know is a victim of domestic violence, please contact Milwaukee Police at (414) 933-4444 and/or one of the resources listed below for help:
- Sojourner Family Peace Center – (414) 933-2722
- Milwaukee Women’s Center – (414) 449-4777
- National Domestic Violence Hotline – (800) 799-7233