Supervisor Wasserman Receives COVID-19 Vaccine
MILWAUKEE – Milwaukee County Supervisor Sheldon A. Wasserman was the first elected official in Southeast Wisconsin to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. As an OB-GYN physician, Supervisor Wasserman was able to receive his first dose of the vaccine on Thursday, December 24.
“I am excited and relieved to receive this vaccine,” said Wasserman. “I appreciate the hard work that made this vaccine available so quickly, and I am confident in its safety.
“Millions have gotten terribly sick, more than 300,000 people in the United States have died, our economy has suffered tremendously and everyone has been impacted by this disease. This vaccine will help our world recover.
“I am looking forward to a future where everyone will have the opportunity to be vaccinated, and I encourage everyone to get the vaccine when it is available.
“On a personal note, my wife is a cancer survivor and immunocompromised. Now that I have this vaccine, I can worry less about bringing home this virus that I am exposed to daily at the hospital.
“Until COVID-19 is under control, I encourage everyone to take steps to keep our community safe and healthy. Please continue to wear masks, maintain distance and follow public health guidelines.”
- WI Daily: 689 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 27th, 2021
- HDA Statement on FDA Authorization of Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine - Healthcare Distribution Alliance - Feb 27th, 2021
- Gallagher Statement on Pelosi’s Payout - U.S. Rep Mike Gallagher - Feb 27th, 2021
- MKE County: COVID-19 Declining to Summer Levels - Graham Kilmer - Feb 26th, 2021
- State Launches Vaccine Provider Map - Graham Kilmer - Feb 26th, 2021
- WI Daily: 656 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 26th, 2021
- Supervisor Martin Calls on State Officials to Prioritize District 7 in Vaccination Effort - Sup. Felesia Martin - Feb 26th, 2021
- WI Daily: 840 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 25th, 2021
- Evers Signs Bill on Unemployment System - Laurel White - Feb 25th, 2021
- DHS Announces Groups Eligible for COVID-19 Vaccine on March 1 - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Feb 25th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here