STEM in Style: A Celebration of Women in STEM
MASA to hold a benefit runway show this week celebrating women in science at the Milwaukee Athletic Club
MILWAUKEE – This Friday, February 23rd, the Milwaukee Area Science Advocates (MASA) will reimagine the runway and use it to highlight inspiring women in STEM in the Milwaukee area at the Milwaukee Athletic Club in downtown Milwaukee.
STEM in Style: A Celebration of Women in STEM is MASA’s inaugural benefit to support science in the Milwaukee area and honor ten women in STEM that are inspiring younger generations, creating a positive impact in the Milwaukee community, and excelling in their STEM careers.
The following ten honorees were nominated by the public and selected based on their contributions to the community in the fields of science education, public health, and sustainability:
- Carrie Bristoll-Groll, Principal Civil Engineer/CEO at Stormwater Solutions Engineering
- Dr. Ellen Censky, Senior Vice President and Academic Dean at MPM
- Diane Golden, Senior Hardware Engineer at Rockwell Automation
- Karen Lindholm-Rynkiewicz, Engineering & Design Teacher at Muskego High School
- Lindsay Obermeier, Raptor Program Director at Schlitz Audubon Nature Center
- Dr. Sandra Pfister, Associate Professor of Pharmacology & Toxicology at MCW
- Tara Rahmani, President of the Society of Women Engineers at MSOE
- Dr. Shannon Stadler, Chiropractor at Integrative Family Wellness Center
- Jennine Swafford, Analytical Chemist at Materion Advanced Chemicals
- Tamara Watkins, Senior Operations Program Manager at Johnson Controls
The event will kick off with a presentation by the Milwaukee Area Science Advocates (MASA) followed by keynote speaker Amber Bakkum of the Medical College of Wisconsin. The main event will include a runway show featuring woman-owned local boutiques such as International Appeal, Mainstream Boutique, and Access Boutique.
The event will also include a silent auction featuring over 25 prizes, including Milwaukee Bucks Fan Packs, MKE Film Passes, Private Cyclebar Brookfield classes and more.
Tickets to this benefit are $75 and include access to the runway show, silent auction, hors d’oeuvres, photo booth, and a live DJ. Visit www.milwaukeescience.org/stem-in-style to purchase tickets.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Milwaukee Area Science Advocates
MASA Kicks Off at Anodyne Coffee Roasting Co. in Walker’s Point
MASA to hold Panel Discussion on the Implications of Climate Change on Science Education, Public Health and Sustainability