Statement on Presidential Election Outcome from Milwaukee County Executive David Crowley
Milwaukee, WI – Today, Milwaukee County Executive David Crowley issued the following statement on the election of Joseph R. Biden as the nation’s 46th president and Kamala Harris as the nation’s first female, first Black and first South Asian vice president:
“This morning, Joe Biden was announced as president-elect and Kamala Harris as vice president-elect. I congratulate them both on a hard-fought victory and a history making ticket. “We should all be proud to see a woman of color headed to the White House. After generations of policies and practices designed to keep women and women of color from entering one of the highest offices in the land, little girls everywhere – including my daughters— will now know that there is no ceiling for their talents, brilliance, or ambitions.
“The record-breaking voter turnout is a signal to the importance of the election and the urgent need to come together as a country, bridge our divisions, and overcome the challenges we face. Just because the election has been decided doesn’t meant that the COVID-19 pandemic will go away or that our economy will rebound all on its own.
“The problems facing our county encapsulate the challenges present across the nation. In Milwaukee County we’re doing the important work to recover from the COVID-19 public health crisis and the health crisis created by systemic racism. Now is the time for us to come back together and do the hard-work to move forward because we are at our best when we are united, focused on supporting the communities around us and working towards a vibrant future for us all — and we need our best right now.
“We know that tough challenges lie ahead, but together we can meet and solve them. I am confident that we will once again overcome the challenges before us, and I look forward to working with the incoming administration to do so.”
- Murphy’s Law: How Vos Pushes The Big Lie - Bruce Murphy - Jun 1st, 2021
- Hesselbein Votes No to Republican Private Investigators - State Rep. Dianne Hesselbein - May 28th, 2021
- Robin Vos Wasting Taxpayer Resources To Investigate Non-Existent Voter Fraud - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - May 26th, 2021
- Elections Commission to Discuss Suspected Voter Fraud Reports for 2020 and 2021 Elections - Wisconsin Elections Commission - May 24th, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: The Vanishing Courage of Mike Gallagher - Bruce Murphy - May 11th, 2021
- Op Ed: Liz Cheney’s Profile In Courage - Dave Cieslewicz - May 9th, 2021
- Spindell Gets Second Term on Elections Commission - Henry Redman - Apr 30th, 2021
- A Tale of Two Elections - Melanie Conklin - Apr 26th, 2021
- Elections Commission Head Saw No Problems in Green Bay - Megan Hart - Mar 31st, 2021
- ‘Kraken’ Lawsuits Not Based on Facts - Graham Kilmer - Mar 23rd, 2021
Read more about 2020 General Election here