Statement on Presidential Election Outcome from Milwaukee County Executive David Crowley
Milwaukee, WI – Today, Milwaukee County Executive David Crowley issued the following statement on the election of Joseph R. Biden as the nation’s 46th president and Kamala Harris as the nation’s first female, first Black and first South Asian vice president:
“This morning, Joe Biden was announced as president-elect and Kamala Harris as vice president-elect. I congratulate them both on a hard-fought victory and a history making ticket. “We should all be proud to see a woman of color headed to the White House. After generations of policies and practices designed to keep women and women of color from entering one of the highest offices in the land, little girls everywhere – including my daughters— will now know that there is no ceiling for their talents, brilliance, or ambitions.
“The record-breaking voter turnout is a signal to the importance of the election and the urgent need to come together as a country, bridge our divisions, and overcome the challenges we face. Just because the election has been decided doesn’t meant that the COVID-19 pandemic will go away or that our economy will rebound all on its own.
“The problems facing our county encapsulate the challenges present across the nation. In Milwaukee County we’re doing the important work to recover from the COVID-19 public health crisis and the health crisis created by systemic racism. Now is the time for us to come back together and do the hard-work to move forward because we are at our best when we are united, focused on supporting the communities around us and working towards a vibrant future for us all — and we need our best right now.
“We know that tough challenges lie ahead, but together we can meet and solve them. I am confident that we will once again overcome the challenges before us, and I look forward to working with the incoming administration to do so.”
- Trump’s Lawsuits May Impact State - Henry Redman - Dec 5th, 2020
- Legislature Refuses to Change Absentee Vote Counting Law - Nora Eckert - Dec 5th, 2020
- Supreme Court Won’t Hear Lawsuit to Overturn Election - Graham Kilmer - Dec 4th, 2020
- Trump Sues Again, This Time in Milwaukee and Dane Counties - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 4th, 2020
- Wisconsin Supreme Court Won’t Hear Trump Lawsuit - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 3rd, 2020
- Trump Files Second Suit Seeking to Throw Out Wisconsin Election - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 3rd, 2020
- Data Wonk: Trump’s Lawyers vs Democracy - Bruce Thompson - Dec 2nd, 2020
- Back in the News: Johnson Privately Concedes Biden Won - Bruce Murphy - Dec 2nd, 2020
- Kaul Blasts Republicans Disputing Election - Melanie Conklin - Dec 2nd, 2020
- State Elections Commission Gets Testy - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 1st, 2020
Read more about 2020 General Election here