Statement on Passage of Whitefish Bay Mask Ordinance
Today’s action was an important step in the continued efforts to fight the spread of COVID-19 in our community. I am pleased the Village Board worked together to unanimously pass a mask mandate this morning for the Village of Whitefish Bay.
This is a matter of public health and safety; protecting the citizens of Whitefish Bay, the people who work in the Village and those who choose to come here to shop and do business. Thank you to the business owners and dozens of residents who provided input on this very critical issue.
I applaud the other municipalities in Milwaukee County that are taking this step, but it’s extremely unfortunate this has to be done on a community-by-community basis. It is time for Governor Evers and the Wisconsin State Legislature to come together and pass a statewide mask mandate.
Illinois, Minnesota, Michigan, and Indiana have all enacted statewide mandates while the number of Coronavirus cases in our state continue to rise. This is a common sense issue, not a political one.
- Milwaukee Health Department excusing inaction with insufficient data, right-wing talking points - Milwaukee Teachers’ Education Association - Sep 16th, 2021
- Gov. Evers Delivers Radio Address on New Investments to Support Local COVID-19 Pandemic Response and Recovery - Gov. Tony Evers - Sep 16th, 2021
- UWM reaches 70% vaccination rate goal, pushes for more - University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee - Sep 16th, 2021
- Data Wonk: Biden Vaccine Plan Helps GOP Governors - Bruce Thompson - Sep 15th, 2021
- Gov. Evers, DHS Remind Wisconsinites to Get Vaccinated to Get $100 - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Sep 15th, 2021
- American Family Field COVID-19 Testing Site Closing - Jeramey Jannene - Sep 14th, 2021
- For Ron Johnson, Prolonging the Pandemic is Just Another Day at the Office - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Sep 14th, 2021
- Nursing Home Workers Resist Vaccines - Madeline Fuerstenberg - Sep 13th, 2021
- MKE County: Children Are Rising Share of COVID-19 Cases - Graham Kilmer - Sep 10th, 2021
- City of Milwaukee Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Sep 10th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here