Statement From the Waukesha Police Department
At this time, we can confirm that 5 people are deceased and over 40 are injured. However, these numbers may change as we collect additional information. Many people have self-transported to area hospitals. The Police Department has the person of interest in custody.
Main Street is closed from Barstow & Main to Wisconsin and Main. The street will not be open before mid-day tomorrow, Monday, November 22nd. Businesses in this area should remain closed as entry and exit from Main Street will not be allowed.
When the area is open, the City is requesting that any items for a temporary memorial be placed at Veterans Park.
Many people witnessed traumatic events this evening. If you need to talk with someone, please call 211.
The scene is still fluid, and the investigation is ongoing. The community mourns the loss of our community members and those injured. We are asking for the community to come together during this time and to keep the families in your prayers.
- DA Blames ‘Human Error’ for Waukesha Parade Attack Suspect’s Bail - Corri Hess - Dec 3rd, 2021
- Rep. Fitzgerald Requests a Moment of Silence on House Floor to Honor Waukesha Christmas Parade Victims - U.S. Rep Scott Fitzgerald - Nov 30th, 2021
- Baldwin, Johnson Urge People Not to Exploit Waukesha Tragedy - Ruth Conniff - Nov 29th, 2021
- Sens. Baldwin and Johnson: Outside Groups Attempting to Exploit Tragedy in Waukesha Must Cease and Desist; Respect Local Authorities - Sens. Tammy Baldwin and Ron Johnson - Nov 27th, 2021
- $5 Million Bail For Suspect in Waukesha Massacre - Isiah Holmes - Nov 24th, 2021
- ‘We Are All In This Together’ - Shamane Mills and Diane Bezucha - Nov 23rd, 2021
- Waukesha Shocked by Killings, Schools Close - WPR Staff - Nov 22nd, 2021
- Versiti Extends Blood Donation Center Hours as Community Responds to Need - Versiti Blood Center of Wisconsin - Nov 22nd, 2021
- Rep. Bowen Statement on Tragedy in Waukesha - State Rep. David Bowen - Nov 22nd, 2021
- Rep.Stubbs’ Statement on Waukesha Parade Tragedy - State Rep. Shelia Stubbs - Nov 22nd, 2021
Read more about Tragedy at Waukesha Christmas Parade here