State Building Commission Approves Key Projects
Design and construction of UW-Milwaukee Sandburg Hall renovation project.
- Design and construction of UW-Milwaukee Sandburg Hall renovation project, UW-Platteville Boebel Hall addition and renovation phase II, and UW-River Falls Dairy Plant remodel;
- Release of Building Trust Funds to complete the design of Waupun Correctional Behavior Health Unit/Life Safety improvements, Juvenile Corrections Regional Facilities, and Mendota Mental Health Juvenile Treatment Center;
- Grant release for 18 Department of Natural Resources Friends Group projects and the completion of Medical College of Wisconsin regional schools; and
- Various maintenance and repair projects located in 13 counties across the state for the Departments of Administration, Corrections, Military Affairs, Natural Resources, Health Services, and the UW-System.
The Building Commission is chaired by Governor Tony Evers and made up of the following members:
- State Senator Janis Ringhand;
- State Senator Jerry Petrowski;
- State Senator Patrick Testin;
- State Representative Jill Billings;
- State Representative Rob Swearingen;
- State Representative Mark Born; and
- Citizen member Summer Strand
Office of the Governor
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Gov. Tony Evers
Gov. Evers Signs Executive Order #34 Declaring a State of Emergency and Closing State Agency BuildingsJul 19th, 2019 by Gov. Tony Evers
"We are grateful that no one has been injured as a result of the explosion and fires this morning, and I want to thank emergency personnel who responded quickly to contain the situation."
Gov. Evers Announces Search for Next Secretary and CEO of Wisconsin Economic Development CorporationJul 18th, 2019 by Gov. Tony Evers
Gov. Evers is running a transparent process to find the best candidate to lead the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation and is encouraging qualified applicants to apply online.
"We're working to ensure deaf and hard of hearing folks across our state have access to reliable and experienced interpreters no matter the situation or circumstance."