State Building Commission Approves Key Projects
Design and construction of UW-Milwaukee Sandburg Hall renovation project.
- Design and construction of UW-Milwaukee Sandburg Hall renovation project, UW-Platteville Boebel Hall addition and renovation phase II, and UW-River Falls Dairy Plant remodel;
- Release of Building Trust Funds to complete the design of Waupun Correctional Behavior Health Unit/Life Safety improvements, Juvenile Corrections Regional Facilities, and Mendota Mental Health Juvenile Treatment Center;
- Grant release for 18 Department of Natural Resources Friends Group projects and the completion of Medical College of Wisconsin regional schools; and
- Various maintenance and repair projects located in 13 counties across the state for the Departments of Administration, Corrections, Military Affairs, Natural Resources, Health Services, and the UW-System.
The Building Commission is chaired by Governor Tony Evers and made up of the following members:
- State Senator Janis Ringhand;
- State Senator Jerry Petrowski;
- State Senator Patrick Testin;
- State Representative Jill Billings;
- State Representative Rob Swearingen;
- State Representative Mark Born; and
- Citizen member Summer Strand
Office of the Governor
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Gov. Tony Evers
Gov. Evers Signs Executive Order #17 Relating to the Creation of the Governor’s Health Equity CouncilMar 19th, 2019 by Gov. Tony Evers
The Governor’s Health Equity Council will work to develop a plan, supported by a body of research, with key benchmarks to reduce and eliminate health disparities throughout the state of Wisconsin by 2030.
"By expanding Medicaid in Wisconsin, our budget improves access to quality, affordable health care for people across our state."
"Many residents and communities across our state have been responding to flooding that has impacted homes, businesses, and cities and towns across Wisconsin."