Senate Majority Leader Fitzgerald to Postpone March Floor Session
[Madison, WI] — Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald released the following statement regarding the Wisconsin Senate’s March schedule:
“After hearing feedback from a number of members, I have decided to postpone the Senate’s planned March floor period. This is out of an abundance of caution for Senators, their family members, and staff members who may be vulnerable to coronavirus.
“The Wisconsin State Senate will continue to function during this public health emergency. After discussions with Speaker Vos, the Legislature will call an extraordinary session this spring so the Senate can complete our business.
“This coronavirus is a public health issue that should be taken seriously. Wisconsinites must avoid panic and instead listen to the recommendations of health professionals at the federal, state, and local levels. Doctors tell us that social distancing and hand washing are effective tools to slow the spread of this virus. I encourage individuals to practice these healthy habits to keep the most vulnerable and high-risk populations among us safe.”
Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald (R-Juneau) represents the 13th Senate District, which covers portions of Dodge, Jefferson, Waukesha, Washington, Dane, and Columbia counties.
- WI Daily: Wisconsin Reports Biggest One-Day COVID-19 Case Increase - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 4th, 2020
- Beware of Contact Tracing Scams - Bridgit Bowden - Jul 4th, 2020
- WI Daily: COVID-19 Spread Keeps Accelerating in Wisconsin - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 3rd, 2020
- Milwaukee Moves Backward In Fight Against COVID-19 - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 3rd, 2020
- State Unemployment Insurance System Failing Many - Bram Sable-Smith - Jul 3rd, 2020
- Racial Disparities Found in Safer-At-Home Arrests - Edgar Mendez - Jul 3rd, 2020
- Johnson Discusses Small Business Recovery at Axios Virtual Event - U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson - Jul 3rd, 2020
- The City of Milwaukee Phase 4 Assessment Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Jul 3rd, 2020
- WI Daily: 14-Day Positive Case Rate Continues Upward Climb - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 2nd, 2020
- City Hall: What Should Or Shouldn’t Be in Milwaukee Mask Mandate? - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 2nd, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here