Sen.Larson Statement on the Joint Committee for Review of Administrative Rules
Milwaukee, WI – Today, the Joint Committee for Review of Administrative Rules voted by paper ballot to block the UW system from implementing COVID-19 safety measures. Senator Chris Larson (D-Milwaukee) issued the following statement regarding the vote:
“It is disgraceful that Republican Senators would exceed the committee’s authority in an attempt to block health and safety measures crucial to protecting our students, especially when COVID is the worst it’s been in months. Over the past two weeks, there has been an 120% increase in COVID cases. With the rise of the Delta variant and continued insufficient vaccination rates we are far from being over this pandemic, and now is absolutely not the time for their dangerous political games.
“It is imperative that the UW system has the resources and flexibility necessary to look after their students, faculty, and staff. Without the proper resources to do so, we will once again overwhelm our healthcare systems, slow the recovering economy, and add to the 8,295 Wisconsin deaths this pandemic has already claimed.
“It seems as though Republicans have failed to grasp the fact that this is a public health crisis, not just a problem that only affects those who choose to believe in it. Republicans’ careless decision to invoke ‘personal decisions’ should not supersede public safety.”
- Wisconsin to Offer COVID-19 Pfizer Vaccine Booster Doses - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Sep 27th, 2021
- MKE County: COVID-19 Cases Rise Again - Graham Kilmer - Sep 24th, 2021
- City of Milwaukee Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Sep 24th, 2021
- CVS Health Announces Availability of Pfizer-BioNTech Booster Shot to Eligible Populations - CVS Health - Sep 24th, 2021
- UW System announces two additional universities have reached 70% threshold - University of Wisconsin System - Sep 24th, 2021
- Gov. Evers Releases Statement Regarding Passing of Officer Joseph Kurer - Gov. Tony Evers - Sep 23rd, 2021
- MATC to Host Public COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic at the Downtown Milwaukee Campus Sept. 28 - Milwaukee Area Technical College - Sep 23rd, 2021
- Op Ed: Biden is Right On Vaccine Mandates - John Torinus - Sep 23rd, 2021
- Pandemic Shows Value of Local Pharmacies - Elizabeth Dohms-Harter - Sep 22nd, 2021
- State Sen. Jacque Released From Hospital - Megan Hart - Sep 21st, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here