Rep. Robyn Vining & Legislative Colleagues Support Federal HEROES Act
MADISON – Yesterday, Legislative Democrats sent a letter to U.S. kground-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial;”>Senator Ron Johnson and U.S. Senator Tammy Baldwin encouraging their support of the federal HEROES Act (H.R. 6800) which would extend Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (FPUC) payments through January 2021, and bring much needed aid to Wisconsin’s state, local, and tribal governments. State Representative Robyn Vining (D-Wauwatosa) released the following statement regarding her support for these provisions:
“The COVID-19 pandemic has hit Wisconsin workers hard, causing thousands of job losses through no fault of their own. We need to provide continued support to Wisconsinites during this public health and economic crisis by continuing FPUC payments through the end of the year to help them make ends meet during these unprecedented times.
“Our communities are struggling through the COVID-19 crisis, and they need assistance as they prepare for budget shortfalls in the future due to unexpected lost revenue. Our local governments are at the forefront in managing and mitigating the spread of COVID-19, and they need further support to continue these efforts and maintain crucial services in our communities.
“We are calling on Senator Johnson to join Senator Baldwin in support of this essential legislation, call on Senator McConnell to act, and bring the HEROES Act to the U.S. Senate floor for a vote.”
Rep. Vining represents the 14th Assembly District, which includes parts of Brookfield, Wauwatosa, and Milwaukee. For more information, visit Rep. Vining’s website here.
- WI Daily: Lowest COVID-19 Case Total In a Month - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 3rd, 2020
- COVID-19 Testing Quick and Easy At National Guard Sites - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 3rd, 2020
- Mask-Mandate Won’t Affect Voting In-Person - Brady Carlson - Aug 3rd, 2020
- Wisconsin National Guard continues statewide COVID-19 testing this week - Wisconsin National Guard Public Affairs - Aug 3rd, 2020
- How Will Schools Use CARES Funding? - Madeline Fox - Aug 3rd, 2020
- Op Ed: GOP-Controlled Senate Refuses to Act - Bill Kaplan - Aug 3rd, 2020
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee Extends Meal Distribution Program - Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee - Aug 3rd, 2020
- Milwaukee Public Museum to Reopen to the Public on August 21 - Milwaukee Public Museum - Aug 3rd, 2020
- Milwaukee Public Schools to Kick Off Welcome Week with Freshman Bridge - Milwaukee Public Schools - Aug 3rd, 2020
- Rental Assistance Program Continues to Face Challenges - Princess Safiya Byers - Aug 2nd, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Recent Press Releases by State Rep. Robyn Vining