Rep. Robyn Vining & Legislative Colleagues Support Federal HEROES Act
MADISON – Yesterday, Legislative Democrats sent a letter to U.S. kground-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial;”>Senator Ron Johnson and U.S. Senator Tammy Baldwin encouraging their support of the federal HEROES Act (H.R. 6800) which would extend Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (FPUC) payments through January 2021, and bring much needed aid to Wisconsin’s state, local, and tribal governments. State Representative Robyn Vining (D-Wauwatosa) released the following statement regarding her support for these provisions:
“The COVID-19 pandemic has hit Wisconsin workers hard, causing thousands of job losses through no fault of their own. We need to provide continued support to Wisconsinites during this public health and economic crisis by continuing FPUC payments through the end of the year to help them make ends meet during these unprecedented times.
“Our communities are struggling through the COVID-19 crisis, and they need assistance as they prepare for budget shortfalls in the future due to unexpected lost revenue. Our local governments are at the forefront in managing and mitigating the spread of COVID-19, and they need further support to continue these efforts and maintain crucial services in our communities.
“We are calling on Senator Johnson to join Senator Baldwin in support of this essential legislation, call on Senator McConnell to act, and bring the HEROES Act to the U.S. Senate floor for a vote.”
Rep. Vining represents the 14th Assembly District, which includes parts of Brookfield, Wauwatosa, and Milwaukee. For more information, visit Rep. Vining’s website here.
- UW System Vaccination Rates Vary Widely - Rich Kremer - Sep 18th, 2021
- MKE County: COVID-19 Cases Still High in Milwaukee County - Graham Kilmer - Sep 17th, 2021
- Milwaukee Health Department excusing inaction with insufficient data, right-wing talking points - Milwaukee Teachers’ Education Association - Sep 16th, 2021
- Gov. Evers Delivers Radio Address on New Investments to Support Local COVID-19 Pandemic Response and Recovery - Gov. Tony Evers - Sep 16th, 2021
- UWM reaches 70% vaccination rate goal, pushes for more - University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee - Sep 16th, 2021
- Data Wonk: Biden Vaccine Plan Helps GOP Governors - Bruce Thompson - Sep 15th, 2021
- Gov. Evers, DHS Remind Wisconsinites to Get Vaccinated to Get $100 - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Sep 15th, 2021
- American Family Field COVID-19 Testing Site Closing - Jeramey Jannene - Sep 14th, 2021
- For Ron Johnson, Prolonging the Pandemic is Just Another Day at the Office - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Sep 14th, 2021
- Nursing Home Workers Resist Vaccines - Madeline Fuerstenberg - Sep 13th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here