Rep. Neylon Issues Statement on Stadium Tax Vote
"I am pleased to see the Miller Park Stadium Board has finally voted to bring the five-county stadium tax to an end in 2020."
Madison— Today State Representative Adam Neylon (R-Pewaukee) issued the following statement in response to the Miller Park Stadium Board’s vote to end the stadium tax in 2020:
“I am pleased to see the Miller Park Stadium Board has finally voted to bring the five-county stadium tax to an end in 2020. This move is long overdue, but better late than never.
“From the time the original end date in 2014 came and went, I’ve supported legislation to bring this tax to an end. This session, I’m co-sponsoring Assembly Bill 73, which would end the tax with or without the Stadium Board’s approval. Hopefully, that will no longer be necessary.
“While I’m encouraged by the vote the Stadium Board has taken, I plan to continue supporting AB 73 to end this tax. We’ve seen deadlines come and go in the past, and I would encourage the Stadium Board to keep their word on this one.”
More about the Miller Park Stadium Tax
- The Battle to Sunset the Miller Park Tax is Finally Over - State Sen. Tim Carpenter - Jun 20th, 2019
- Excess from the Miller Park Tax Should Be Returned to the 5 Counties - State Sen. Tim Carpenter - Apr 16th, 2019
- Murphy’s Law: Taxpayers Make Bucks, Brewers Rich - Bruce Murphy - Apr 16th, 2019
- Rep. Neylon Issues Statement on Stadium Tax Vote - State Rep. Adam Neylon - Mar 13th, 2019
- Murphy’s Law: The Wealth Gap and Miller Park’s Deal - Bruce Murphy - Jan 24th, 2019
- Murphy’s Law: Miller Park Tax Ends in 2020. Not. - Bruce Murphy - Mar 20th, 2018
- Murphy’s Law: The Bogus Studies of Miller Park - Bruce Murphy - May 10th, 2017
- Murphy’s Law: The Failed Promise of Miller Park - Bruce Murphy - Apr 20th, 2017
- Murphy’s Law: Why Miller Park’s Tax Never Ends - Bruce Murphy - Apr 12th, 2016
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Historic Preservation, Miller Park Sales Tax, The War on Bob Donovan, and More - Jeramey Jannene - Mar 28th, 2012
- Murphy’s Law: The Embarrassing Failure of Miller Park - Bruce Murphy - Apr 16th, 2002
- Murphy’s Law: The Truth About Miller Park - Bruce Murphy - Jul 10th, 2001
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by State Rep. Adam Neylon
"It would be an honor to follow in his footsteps and represent the people of Wisconsin’s 5th Congressional District in the United States Congress. But the timing is not right for my family and I."
"This important piece of legislation will provide protection and stability to those with a pre-existing medical condition."
"It’s exciting to see that the state’s unemployment rate has remained at the historic low of 2.9%..."