Press Release: Secretary-designee Joel Brennan Responds to Foxconn Statement
MADISON — Following is a statement from Wisconsin Department of Administration Secretary-designee Joel Brennan in response to recent developments in the Foxconn project:“The administration is in regular, weekly communication with senior leadership at Foxconn, however, we were surprised to learn about this development.
“While some of the information reported today has been previously reported publicly, other details about the continuing evolution of this project will require further review and evaluation by our team. Our team has been in contact with Foxconn since learning this news and will continue to monitor the project to ensure the company delivers on its promises to the people of Wisconsin.
“The governor has always said that protecting Wisconsin taxpayers, the local communities that have already made significant investments in this project, and our environment are his chief concerns.
“In the coming weeks, the Evers Administration will continue to commit time, resources, and personnel to ensure that the interests of Wisconsin workers and taxpayers are protected and promoted by our approach to the Foxconn project.”
- Murphy’s Law: How Kleefisch Failed On Foxconn - Bruce Murphy - Sep 13th, 2021
- Back in the News: Fisker Wants State Law Changed For Potential Foxconn Car Factory - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 11th, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: Foxconn Wants a New Subsidy? - Bruce Murphy - Jul 26th, 2021
- Village Board Unanimously Votes to Blight Local Business for Foxconn - A Better Mt. Pleasant - Jul 13th, 2021
- Op Ed: EPA Overrules Pruitt-Walker Smog Increases - James Rowen - Jun 7th, 2021
- Village Paid Foxconn Project Manager Nearly $1 Million - Corri Hess - May 28th, 2021
- Op Ed: Foxconn Shows Folly of Cheesehead Revolution - Dan Shafer - May 12th, 2021
- Foxconn Deal Doesn’t Reduce Local Government Risk - Corri Hess - May 3rd, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: The True Costs of New Foxconn Deal - Bruce Murphy - Apr 28th, 2021
- The State of Politics: All Sides Won On New Foxconn Deal - Steven Walters - Apr 26th, 2021
Read more about Foxconn Facility here
Recent Press Releases by Gov. Tony Evers