Pocan Quarantined After Exposure to COVID-19
MADISON, WI—Congressman Mark Pocan (D-WI) has been in quarantine since last Tuesday, November 10, after finding out his mother had tested positive for COVID-19. Pocan transported his 91-year-old mother on a two-hour drive to a nursing home she was moving to on Monday, November 9. On Tuesday, November 10, he found out his mother tested positive for COVID-19 from a test she had taken on Wednesday, November 4. Fortunately, Pocan’s mother has been asymptomatic and shown no signs of the disease. He wore a mask in the vehicle when he transported her.
Congressman Pocan was tested on Friday, November 13, and received a negative result. He will test again at the end of this week.
“Wisconsin has some of the worst numbers in the nation for COVID-19, including a positivity rate in the mid-30%’s,” said Congressman Pocan. “Fortunately, the nursing home staff contacted me immediately after learning of my mother’s positive result and I was able to quarantine without delay. Unfortunately, too many people in Wisconsin don’t get that information in a timely way due to the low number of contract tracers we have hired in Wisconsin. Cases in Wisconsin continue to rise weekly and we need federal and state action to help protect our communities immediately. I urge everyone to stay at home when possible and wear a mask whenever they are in contact with others. Only together can we stop the spread of this deadly pandemic.”
- Wisconsin Supreme Court Blocks Racine School Closure Order, Grants WILL Original Action - Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty - Nov 25th, 2020
- Milwaukee Unemployment Rising - Graham Kilmer - Nov 25th, 2020
- WI Daily: COVID-19 Testing, Cases Falling - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 25th, 2020
- Think Small on Thanksgiving, Evers Urges - Melanie Conklin - Nov 25th, 2020
- Milwaukee County House of Correction to Launch Soft Opening of Alternate Care Facility on Saturday, November 28 - County Executive David Crowley - Nov 25th, 2020
- COVID-19 Surging in State Prisons - Danielle Kaeding - Nov 25th, 2020
- South Side Group Builds COVID-19 Clinic - Graham Kilmer - Nov 25th, 2020
- Pandemic Spreads to State’s Veterans Homes - Hope Kirwan - Nov 24th, 2020
- Common Council approves CARES Act funding measure - Ald. Chantia Lewis - Nov 24th, 2020
- WI Daily: First Day With Over 100 COVID-19 Deaths in Wisconsin - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 24th, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by U.S. Rep Mark Pocan
Millions in funding for UW programs, F-35 noise mitigation and rural broadband.