Pitch Black set for February 27
MKE Black’s first “Pitch Black” event was held on January 23, at the Sherman Phoenix in Milwaukee, sponsored by Huntington Bank.
Feedback from the event was very positive.
“This event is perfect for those willing to engage and be open minded to new possibilities. It’s truly a great event to network and learn simultaneously with like-minded individuals,” said Aureal Ojeda, owner/founder of Outwoken Tea and Pitch Black attendee.
The capacity for upcoming events is being increased, due to heightened interest. Part of the outreach strategy will include intentionally investing in routine resident leaders to recruit business owners to attend. MKE Black has also engaged with other community partners to spread the word about upcoming events.
The next Pitch Black event will be on Monday, February 27 from 5-7:30 pm at Sherman Phoenix Marketplace, 3536 W. Fond du Lac Ave. Register Here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/528403949437
For more information on MKE Black, visit our website (www.mkeblack.org) or download the app (https://mkeblack.com/app).
About MKE Black: MKE Black MKE Black was founded in 2019 to celebrate, promote, empower, and advance Black businesses, events, and culture in greater Milwaukee.
MKE Black has developed a network of individuals and allies taking action for good by:
- Hosting our app (with 10,000+ downloads) to guide consumers to support the 850+ Black businesses featured
- Posting news and events on social media to over 25,000 combined followers
- Hosting community Marketplaces, increasing awareness, connections and business for members
- Providing educational, social and networking events like Pitch Black
- Partnering with organizations like the Milwaukee Bucks, the Greater Milwaukee Foundation, Milwaukee County’s office of equity, the Wisconsin Black Chamber of Commerce, Fresh Coast Labs, Scale Up MKE and more to focus attention and financial support to Black Businesses
- Creating a culture of belonging for Black businesses and professionals, building social capital
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by MKE Black
Pitch Black set for February 27Feb 21st, 2023 by MKE Black
MKE Black Launches Summer Marketplace SeriesJun 17th, 2021 by MKE Black