One Year Before the Election, Ron Johnson Is the Least Popular Statewide Elected Official After Using Time in Senate to Enrich Himself and Ignoring Needs of Wisconsinites
MADISON, Wis. — With just under one year before the 2022 midterms, Ron Johnson finds himself in deep trouble. After going from tax scandal to tax scandal, opposing a historic federal investment in to rebuild Wisconsin’s infrastructure, trying and failing to rip health care away from hundreds of thousands of Wisconsinites, and prolonging the pandemic with his COVID disinformation campaign, Johnson finds himself on the wrong side of nearly every issue Wisconsin voters care about.
Given his record, it’s no wonder even Johnson admitted hasn’t been “particularly successful” as a US Senator. Here’s what he’s done:
- Openly rooting against bipartisanship and “praying” for gridlock, including blocking policies to lower costs for health care, prescription drugs, child care, and cut taxes
- Opposition to needed federal infrastructure investments in Wisconsin, despite never reading the legislation.=
- Voting against COVID relief and tax cuts for Wisconsin families, while discouraging Wisconsinites from getting vaccinated by promoting disinformation and dangerous alternative treatments.
- Changing the 2017 tax bill in a way that benefitted himself and his biggest donors.
- Paid virtually nothing in state income taxes in 2017, despite reporting at least half a million dollars in income.
- Working overtime to repeal the Affordable Care Act and protections for people with pre-existing conditions.