Nominations Are Now Open for 2018 Governor’s Financial Literacy Award
Nominations will be accepted through November 30, 2018.
MADISON – Governor Scott Walker announced today he is seeking nominations for the 2018 Governor’s Financial Literacy Award. Nominations will be accepted through November 30, 2018 for the Governor’s Council on Financial Literacy. Nominations may be made in one of three categories:
- Individual – Any person providing exceptional financial literacy education in an innovative manner.
- Organization/business – Any organization or business promoting financial literacy in an innovative manner through its initiatives.
- Legacy – An organization, business or individual whose purpose and heritage is ingrained in sustained financial literacy and capability, and whose reputation in doing so is held in high regard in serving as a model for others in carrying on the work of supporting financial literacy and expanding opportunities through financial capability. This lifetime recognition is intended to be conferred once to the recipient(s).
Criteria which will be used to judge the nominations include:
- Innovative implementation of an effective financial literacy program or program element within the last two years.
- Demonstrated measurable results.
- Collaboration with partners.
- Scalability of the program design.
Nominations may be submitted online by clicking here. The Governor’s Council will select recipients in December. Last year, the Council selected 18 individuals and organizations as recipients of the 2017 award. They were honored by Governor Scott Walker in a ceremony at the Capitol.
The Department of Financial Institutions (DFI), through its Office of Financial Literacy (OFL), promotes financial literacy statewide. DFI Secretary Jay Risch and Office of the Commissioner of Insurance Commissioner Ted Nickel are co-vice chairs of the Governor’s Council, while OFL Director David Mancl serves as the council’s executive director.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Gov. Scott Walker
Governor Walker Announces No-Interest Loans Now Available for Southwestern Wisconsin Business Owners Affected by FloodingNov 9th, 2018 by Gov. Scott Walker
WEDC awards $155,000 grant for loan program to assist small businesses in paying for restoration and related costs
"It has been my honor to serve as your Governor for nearly eight years."
Wisconsin Receives Approval for Governor Walker’s BadgerCare Plus Welfare Reform for Childless AdultsOct 31st, 2018 by Gov. Scott Walker
Final implementation of these policy changes is expected to be at least one year from approval.