New and Updated Safety Report Card on School Districts’ Reopening Plans
Brookfield: Last week, WEAC Region 7, the professional association representing thousands of frontline educators in southeast Wisconsin, released a “safety report card” on school districts’ reopening plans. We are now releasing a new and updated report card with eight new district ratings and updated ratings for multiple previously rated districts. One district moved from an F rating to a C rating. A total of twenty districts have now received ratings.
Attached and linked here are 1) science-based criteria for evaluating the safety of school districts’ return to school plans; 2) a summary document of how districts’ plans scored; 3) the detailed report for each school district plan. As more plans are evaluated, we will release additional reports in coming days and weeks.
The conditions for a safe return and related report card were developed by professional educators from area school districts. They include links to ample research showing their basis in science and public health expertise.
WEAC Region 7 is a division of the Wisconsin Education Association Council representing thousands of professional educators and school support staff in southeast Wisconsin.
- WI Daily: 324 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Mar 2nd, 2021
- 34 Vaccine Doses Spoil at Wisconsin Center - Jeramey Jannene - Mar 2nd, 2021
- 8.7% of State Now Fully Vaccinated - Graham Kilmer - Mar 2nd, 2021
- Statement from the Milwaukee Health Department - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Mar 2nd, 2021
- Marquette Plans In-Person Classes in Fall - Graham Kilmer - Mar 2nd, 2021
- WI Daily: 308 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Mar 1st, 2021
- Wisconsin Anticipates First Shipment of Johnson & Johnson Vaccine - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Mar 1st, 2021
- Marquette University announces in-person plans for fall 2021 semester - Marquette University - Mar 1st, 2021
- Dane County Drops Most Fines Against Dance Studio - Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty - Mar 1st, 2021
- Back in the News: Uline Workers Suffer Higher COVID-19 Rates - Bruce Murphy - Mar 1st, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here