MTEA calls on MPS School Board to hold Special Meeting to discuss reopening preparations
MILWAUKEE – The Milwaukee Teachers’ Education Association (MTEA) is calling on the Milwaukee Public Schools (MPS) Board of Directors to convene a meeting early next week so School Board members, parents, students, staff and the general public can hear from MPS Administration about preparations.
With K-3 students scheduled to return Wednesday, Administration still has not released hard numbers on students returning, where overflow classrooms are needed and how they will be staffed, and final plans for COVID safety protocols like random testing and ventilation measures.
“As MTEA has been warning for months, a Covid-19 variant that is much more contagious among children is now the dominant strain in Wisconsin, and infection numbers have climbed back above 5% positivity in Milwaukee,” said Mizialko. “Rushing students and workers back into the classroom with no plan is beyond irresponsible. The Board needs to hold a special meeting next week so MPS families and our community can hear directly from Administration about how they plan to address a multitude of unanswered questions.”
- WI Daily: 667 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 6th, 2021
- UW System campuses preparing for return of precollege and youth programs this summer - University of Wisconsin System - May 6th, 2021
- WI Daily: 639 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 5th, 2021
- Data Wonk: Ron Johnson Threatens Republicans - Bruce Thompson - May 5th, 2021
- WI Daily: 721 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 4th, 2021
- DHS Connecting Vaccinators with Groups Wanting On-Site Vaccination Clinics - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - May 4th, 2021
- WI Daily: 349 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 3rd, 2021
- State Capitol Reopens To The Public - Henry Redman - May 3rd, 2021
- WI Daily: 405 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 2nd, 2021
- WI Daily: 675 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 1st, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here