MPD will enforce Mayor’s Proclamation
MILWAUKEE, WI – Due to the declared state of emergency, the Milwaukee Police Department will enforce the city-wide curfew promulgated by Mayor Cavalier Johnson. The curfew is restricted to individuals under the age of 21 in the geographical area from Vel R. Phillips Avenue on the west, N. Broadway on the east, W. McKinley Avenue/ E. Knapp Street on the north and State Street on the south. The curfew will be in effect for Saturday, May 14, 2022, between 11:00 p.m., until 5:30 a.m., on Sunday, May 15, 2022. Curfew will also be in effect for Sunday. May 15, 2022, at 11:00 p.m., until 5:30 a.m., on Monday, May 16, 2022.
The individuals who are exempt from this order are “individuals who are going to work, government officials, social service workers, and credentialed members of the press acting in their official capacity.”
We are requesting voluntary compliance from all individuals under the age of 21. If found in violation of this curfew, individuals will be arrested and fined $691.00.
- 3 More Charged In Downtown Shooting That Left 17 Injured - Graham Kilmer - May 18th, 2022
- Milwaukee Will Enforce Citywide Curfew For Those 16 And Under - Jeramey Jannene - May 17th, 2022
- MPD and FBI Request Video Evidence from the Public Regarding Water Street Shootings - Milwaukee Police Department - May 17th, 2022
- Rep. Bowen Statement on Weekend Violence Downtown - State Rep. David Bowen - May 17th, 2022
- Downtown Curfew Instituted, Bucks Watch Party Canceled - Jeramey Jannene - May 14th, 2022
- MPD Arrests Multiple Suspects in Downtown Shootings - Milwaukee Police Department - May 14th, 2022
- MPD will enforce Mayor’s Proclamation - Milwaukee Police Department - May 14th, 2022
- Congresswoman Gwen Moore Statement on Mass Shooting in Milwaukee - U.S. Rep. Gwen Moore - May 14th, 2022
- 17 People Shot, 10 In Custody From Water Street Shooting - Jeramey Jannene - May 14th, 2022
Read more about Bar District Shootings here