More Donors to Gov. Scott Walker’s Campaign Get Foxconn Contracts
‘Those Who Give Keep Getting’ As Total of Donations to Scott Walker From Businesses Snagging Contracts Surpasses $582,000
MADISON, Wis. — A review of campaign finance records reveals companies with connections to Gov. Walker’s political campaigns continue to be awarded contracts as part of the $4.5 billion taxpayer-subsidized Foxconn project in Southeastern Wisconsin. According to reports and reviews of campaign finance information, individuals associated with companies receiving contracts announced today have donated over $44,000 to Scott Walker.
“Scott Walker cut a desperate deal that doles out the biggest state tax subsidy ever to a foreign corporation,” said One Wisconsin Now Executive Director Scot Ross. “Those who give keep getting as Foxconn returns the favor by awarding no bid contracts to companies associated with donors to Scott Walker’s campaigns.”
The latest announcement from Foxconn work brings the total of contributions to Scott Walker from individuals associated with businesses snagging contracts to to over $582,000.
The project general contractor, M+W Gilbane, has a checkered ethical history that includes allegations of and settlements for improper bidding practices, pay for play, election law violations and labor law violations.
Previous research from One Wisconsin Institute revealed how the Walker administration’s Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC) doled out over 60 percent of awards to businesses whose owners and employees donated over $2.1 million to Gov. Walker’s campaigns.
One Wisconsin Now is a statewide communications network specializing in effective earned media and online organizing to advance progressive leadership and values.
- State Reviewing Foxconn Jobs Report - Erik Gunn - Jul 23rd, 2020
- Foxconn Hosts Smart Manufacturing Web Conference, Launches iAI Institute - Foxconn Technology Group - Jul 10th, 2020
- Foxconn Will Make 10K Ventilators - Corri Hess - Jun 19th, 2020
- Medtronic and Foxconn Partner to Increase Ventilator Production - Foxconn Technology Group - Jun 18th, 2020
- Foxconn Audit Delayed Two Months - Erik Gunn - Jun 3rd, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn’s Profits Plunge By 90% - Bruce Murphy - May 19th, 2020
- Foxconn to Assemble Procedural Masks in Wisconsin for Pandemic Relief - Foxconn Technology Group - Apr 20th, 2020
- Murphy’s Law: Foxconn Squeezes Evers - Bruce Murphy - Apr 15th, 2020
- Foxconn Says It Earned Tax Credits - Corri Hess - Apr 9th, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn Plant Will Make Ventilators - Bruce Murphy - Apr 8th, 2020
Read more about Foxconn Facility here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by One Wisconsin Now
State Supreme Court Candidate Co-Authored Column Opposing Efforts to Clean Up Court Campaigns
Over $14,000 from Board Members of Right-Wing Legal Group to State Court Justice’s Campaign
Dan Kelly Supporters Want Court Action to Allow Enforcement of Abortion Ban Dating to 19th Century